Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is it ok to call a boy beautiful?
    because i said it to someone over msn and he was like what, boys arent beautiful. But i had no alternative because hottie is cheesy, gorgeous makes me cringe, sexy...eugh, fitty?fitness? eugh, and what else is left. princess?

is it alright to call a boy beautiful or is it weird

ReputationRep:
    Handsome is a better equivalent than beautiful

ReputationRep:
    that sounds cheesy too though

ReputationRep:
    I call my boyfriend beautiful and pretty all the time, he's never complained; I suspect he loves it.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think lads like being called beautiful as it's not very manly. well some lads i know anyway.
    i tell lads they're beautiful, as it's just another word for attractive isn't it?
    so it's not weird, it's a compliment.

i like the word handsome.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a common term, but it's Ok to use occasionally. Possibly more to describe one feature rather than the boy as a whole, eg, 'his eyes are beautiful'

ReputationRep:
    the same goes for calling women handsome

ReputationRep:
    if your gay, its okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    I call my boyfriend beautiful and pretty all the time, he's never complained; I suspect he loves it.
    lol, bet he does, your not too bad yourself

why would you call a male princess? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter North)
    if your gay, its okay

that has nothing to do with it

ReputationRep:
    It depends if he is or not. Some boys are beautiful, rather than handsome or 'hot'. It's a particular look and they often have 'softer' characteristics such as huge eyes or a particularly sensitive mouth.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't like it, don't, but loads do like missygeorgia, i guess they love it really, it's a compliment at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts-lad-08)
    why would you call a male princess? lol
    i always call a certain male friend princess. He likes it, its funny. I genrally wouldnt call any other males princess thogh

ReputationRep:
    'Stunning'? 'Good looking'? 'Buff'? (Lol, buff) Just plain old 'Attractive' or 'Sexy'?

each to there own i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmska)
    'Stunning'? 'Good looking'? 'Buff'? (Lol, buff) Just plain old 'Attractive' or 'Sexy'?
    "bye buff" haha. doesnt really sound right

ReputationRep:
    If he looks sort of girly or angelic I call him beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird. I'd feel very unmanly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atoms4peace)
    that sounds cheesy too though
    Good looking...Maybe?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.