Rhodesian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been having trouble effectively revising.

My problems:
I’d like to be revising history. But all I’ve been doing is making notes and I don’t think that’s sticking in.
I should be writing essays but we are on study leave and I don’t have anyone to mark it and give me feedback so what’s the point since I’ll never know how well I’ve done.

So any help?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can’t you send it along to your teachers by email?
Rhodesian
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Can’t you send it along to your teachers by email?
Maybe but my exams are the week after next and I feel it’s asking them too much to mark multiple essays in a short period of time.

This is my fault for leaving my revision too late
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask how much they can mark?

Even if they can mark only one, you can still see how well you did on that one and focus on your weakness while they mark it.

Also it won’t be asking too much since they want you to pass since if you do badly they’ll have to explain why they influence your poor grades (even though I don’t think you will) no offence.

You didn’t leave your revision too late it’s just history doesn’t have a standard way of marking it since it’s your opinion.

Do you know how to answer the questions with a structure or are you doing it freely?
Rhodesian
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Ask how much they can mark?

Even if they can mark only one, you can still see how well you did on that one and focus on your weakness while they mark it.

Also it won’t be asking too much since they want you to pass since if you do badly they’ll have to explain why they influence your poor grades (even though I don’t think you will) no offence.

You didn’t leave your revision too late it’s just history doesn’t have a standard way of marking it since it’s your opinion.

Do you know how to answer the questions with a structure or are you doing it freely?
The types of questions you can get in the different topics vary a lot so I don’t think Theresa specific structure for an essay.

Also I have my teacher two essays last week which I didn’t do very well on. 13/20 and 14/20. His feedback was pretty helpful though.
Should I redo one of those essays to get it right or do a new one?

Also I got a high A in AS. But I don’t really know how I did that and not much has changed from AS to A level.
I need to get an A in History and I calculated that I need 16/20 in every question since I did very well in my coursework.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you redo those essays to see what u did wrong and improve it from his feedback so you can get those few marks you need to get a A but it depends on you.
GradePro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey..dont worry...hit me up [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads