depression during the last 5 days of gcse revision Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i have depression and ive taken a few days off school to revise but the mindset i have is stopping me, my parents expect me to get a 7 in geography and english lit and lang. so far i only revised for geography during easter and i havent done any english. Im expected to get 9's in my sciences, business and maths. Its a ton of pressure thinking about my family if i dont achieve those grades. What can i do?
Angusburgerman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What matters the most is knowing that YOU have tried YOUR hardest. This way you don't have anything to be upset about yourself with. As with your parents, perhaps try to talk to them explaining that you're finding it especially difficult and you are trying your best? Sometimes doing so isn't the best option, but I don't know what your parents are like.

The GCSEs are about you, not about your family or how they view you. There is no guilt or sense of doing wrong when you honestly know that what you achieved in exams is the best you could've done, and you can't do any better.

I wish you the best of luck, remember there are plenty of other people also in your situation and you're not alone in this. Reach out to people when you need help.
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have depression and ive taken a few days off school to revise but the mindset i have is stopping me, my parents expect me to get a 7 in geography and english lit and lang. so far i only revised for geography during easter and i havent done any english. Im expected to get 9's in my sciences, business and maths. Its a ton of pressure thinking about my family if i dont achieve those grades. What can i do?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel u man, my whole family is expecting all A* for me and I am ******** myself for when they see that I cannot attain those grades. My mood just drops and the back of my throat gets dry and I just think of the future and how scary that **** is. No direction in my life and I kinda just want to quit and say FK IT!
(Original post by Anonymous)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads