National 5 Art and Design 2018/19 Watch

flopsypopsy1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys! Feel free to share essay tips and the subject matter you chose for your portfolio!
bendalrymple36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hate the subject its brought my A’s crashing down
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
Why? Whats up with it?

(Original post by bendalrymple36)
I hate the subject its brought my A’s crashing down
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For my design, I did a flower themed shoe and for my expressive my theme was romantic night in, so my objects were a box of chocolates, a candle and a glass of wine. How about you?
(Original post by flopsypopsy1)
Hey guys! Feel free to share essay tips and the subject matter you chose for your portfolio!
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
I did phobias, so I did my friend wrapped in snakes and spiders and being attacked by birds. Makes me look like a psycho, but it was my teachers idea! Design I did a hat on some mad Greek Myth about the journey of the seasons. How are you feeling about the writing paper?

(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
For my design, I did a flower themed shoe and for my expressive my theme was romantic night in, so my objects were a box of chocolates, a candle and a glass of wine. How about you?
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Aw, your stuff sounds so much more interesting! I'm feeling alright about the writing. I never finished the prelim because I am REALLY slow at writing and at thinking so I only got to answer 35/50 of the questions. Luckily for me though every question I answered I got right so it's just a matter of finishing it in time How are you on writing?

I did phobias, so I did my friend wrapped in snakes and spiders and being attacked by birds. Makes me look like a psycho, but it was my teachers idea! Design I did a hat on some mad Greek Myth about the journey of the seasons. How are you feeling about the writing paper?
Button222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did my expressive on the theme of art - so boring, and my design was something to do with sea life and shells. Really hoping to pull it all up with my exam as I got 90% in my prelim
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
I got 67% in my art prelim because my painting was terrible. I'm predicted an A band 1 tho by my art teacher, so I'm prayyyyying that they like my new revamped piece
(Original post by Button222)
I did my expressive on the theme of art - so boring, and my design was something to do with sea life and shells. Really hoping to pull it all up with my exam as I got 90% in my prelim
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sea life sounds so cool!! I wish my design was more interesting because flowers are nice and all but it's all been done before Also I think art is a great theme!
Thats really good! Did you have to do a painting for your prelim???
I got 67% in my art prelim because my painting was terrible. I'm predicted an A band 1 tho by my art teacher, so I'm prayyyyying that they like my new revamped piece
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was my highest mark out of all my prelims - a flook tho no way I’ll be able to get 90% again lmao. A band 1 is really good! Im predicted A band 2
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sea life sounds so cool!! I wish my design was more interesting because flowers are nice and all but it's all been done before Also I think art is a great theme!
thanks! I rushed it as I’m a slow worker and just absolutely crammed everything in last minute :/ and I’m sure flowers would be really nice I’ve already picked myself the theme of - birthday - for my expressive at higher
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I could never, ever do higher 😂 Nat 5 for me was awful. I had to stay behind every lunch time and after school for most of the year to finish my art work because I am also a really slow worker 😂 And what makes it worse is that even though I spent AGES on my work it was STILL rubbish 😂😭
thanks! I rushed it as I’m a slow worker and just absolutely crammed everything in last minute :/ and I’m sure flowers would be really nice I’ve already picked myself the theme of - birthday - for my expressive at higher
ronaclark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
for expressive i did a skull on a cross of shells and flowers over a sunset/sea background and for design i did a music poster, mine was a rainbow piano vinyl explosion for coldplay
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I could never, ever do higher 😂 Nat 5 for me was awful. I had to stay behind every lunch time and after school for most of the year to finish my art work because I am also a really slow worker 😂 And what makes it worse is that even though I spent AGES on my work it was STILL rubbish 😂😭
Yeah already regretting it😭 same tho I stayed behind after school sooo much n couldn’t focus on the rest of my subjects n I still wouldn’t say my work is any good😭😂 my aim is to keep on top of work at higher but I can’t see that happening
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wish you the best of luck!!! 😂😄
Yeah already regretting it😭 same tho I stayed behind after school sooo much n couldn’t focus on the rest of my subjects n I still wouldn’t say my work is any good😭😂 my aim is to keep on top of work at higher but I can’t see that happening
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
If you want you could post pics of you portfolio, may be helpful to anyone doing it next year to see how they're formatted. Might be too risky for plagarism tho...
greyscale1324
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m realllly dreading the exam. I just suck at the written part. Arts my best subject and I was predicted a 1 because I’m genuinely good at drawing but I’m SO bad at the written. I only got a C in the prelim which has really knocked my confidence and I need this A
greyscale1324
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All of your folio matters sound sooo good 😍. I did reflection and distortion so I have loads of spoons, mirrors, distorted glass bottles and ruffled up striped fabrics for my expressive . My design is a tribal/carnival inspired headpiece based on the Lion King.
N3W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any quick tips for last minute revision before the exam. I have done all the past papers from 2014 and the updated specimen paper. I have also made flash cards for the influences

I just feel like I haven’t done as much revision as I have in my other subjects

Thanks
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That sounds AMAZING!! I wish my ideas were as creative
(Original post by greyscale1324)
All of your folio matters sound sooo good 😍. I did reflection and distortion so I have loads of spoons, mirrors, distorted glass bottles and ruffled up striped fabrics for my expressive . My design is a tribal/carnival inspired headpiece based on the Lion King.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads