National 5 Art and Design 2018/19 Watch

SchuylerSister22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe make a quizlet? My class had to make 4 A3 posters (1 for each designer and artist) so we could look over them, so poster making is also an option.
(Original post by N3W)
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any quick tips for last minute revision before the exam. I have done all the past papers from 2014 and the updated specimen paper. I have also made flash cards for the influences

I just feel like I haven’t done as much revision as I have in my other subjects

Thanks
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What 2 desingers and 2 artists did you guys have to study?
My designers were: Boontje and Tiffany
My Artists were: Matisse and Morandi
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Designers: Alphonse Mucha and Tord Boontje
Artists: Artemisia Gentileschi and Jessica Rimondi
Button222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Designers: Peter Chang and Rene Lalique
Artists: Harmen Steenwyck and Ralph Goings
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
N3W
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Artists: Audrey Flack and Henri Matisse
Designers: Philip Traecy and Caroline Reboux
N3W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
Maybe make a quizlet? My class had to make 4 A3 posters (1 for each designer and artist) so we could look over them, so poster making is also an option.
iqeas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey is anyone doing vincent van gogh, friday khalo, Phillipe strack or charles rennie macintosh ?
katiegibsonxxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
could you help me out with flash cards I'm so bad at the written half of art :\
(Original post by N3W)
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any quick tips for last minute revision before the exam. I have done all the past papers from 2014 and the updated specimen paper. I have also made flash cards for the influences

I just feel like I haven’t done as much revision as I have in my other subjects

Thanks
notboredyet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omg!! I was gonna do that for my expressive but I decided against it - it was to difficult haha
(Original post by greyscale1324)
All of your folio matters sound sooo good 😍. I did reflection and distortion so I have loads of spoons, mirrors, distorted glass bottles and ruffled up striped fabrics for my expressive . My design is a tribal/carnival inspired headpiece based on the Lion King.
N3W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For the influence flash cards i just put the name of the influence on one side and then how it is shown in the painting or design. for example one of my influences was Jeff Koons which featured stainless steel reflective objects and large scale paintings (so my put that on the front of the flash card) and then on the back of the flash card i put how that was shown in the painting and how the artist used the influence effectively.
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else really struggle to finish the paper in 1 hour 30 minutes? I JUST finished in the prelim and it was an easy paper
ronaclark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Button222)
Anyone else really struggle to finish the paper in 1 hour 30 minutes? I JUST finished in the prelim and it was an easy paper
i was just about to ask this, in my prelim i didn’t have time for the last question and i usually finish exams half an hour early.. does anyone have any tips on how to do it quickly but still get good marks?
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ronaclark)
i was just about to ask this, in my prelim i didn’t have time for the last question and i usually finish exams half an hour early.. does anyone have any tips on how to do it quickly but still get good marks?
yeah same I almost always finish with that amount of time. My teacher recommended using bullet points so I’m going to try that and hope for the best.
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Me! I still had 15 questions to answer when they told me time was up in the prelim 😬
(Original post by Button222)
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  A336A7C3-C101-4789-B28F-A1DE0E1C9D27.jpg.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  24.6 KB

having a panic attack rn - read the course specification and it’s saying that I need to know all these for the pair of designers and artists we revise. Do I srsly need to know aspects like ‘layout’ ‘decoration’ for design? and ‘scale’ and ‘pattern’ for expressive?
N3W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To keep on time I do my 2 artist and design questions first because I know what I am doing and then i go onto the unseen questions.

I also have time limits, for the 2 artist and designers I have 25 minutes for each question and for the unseen question I have 20 minutes for each.

I never let myself go over the time limits and if I go over the time I just move onto the next question. And hopefully I will have time left over at the end if I didn’t get any of the questions finished in time.
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by N3W)
To keep on time I do my 2 artist and design questions first because I know what I am doing and then i go onto the unseen questions.

I also have time limits, for the 2 artist and designers I have 25 minutes for each question and for the unseen question I have 20 minutes for each.

I never let myself go over the time limits and if I go over the time I just move onto the next question. And hopefully I will have time left over at the end if I didn’t get any of the questions finished in time.
this is a good method of doing it, thanks. Yeah, I did the 2 design and expressive questions first and then unseen after in the prelim and intend on doing the same again
N3W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What has everyone been doing for revision?
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by N3W)
What has everyone been doing for revision?
I’ve wrote out subheadings like ‘colour’ ‘composition’ etc. and wrote notes about each. I’ll read it all and then separate myself from it and try to rewrite it all by subheading until I can do it confidently. Sounds odd, but it worked for me in the prelim, I got 90%
N3W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
[QUOTE=Button222;83411266]I’ve wrote out subheadings like ‘colour’ ‘composition’ etc. and wrote notes about each. I’ll read it all and then separate myself from it and try to rewrite it all by subheading until I can do it confidently. Sounds odd, but it worked for me in the prelim, I got 90%

That’s really good, well done!

T
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads

Latest