Do I really need a quote for some RS questions? GCSE Edexcel

Watch
Angusburgerman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
"In your answer you must refer to a source of wisdom and authority."

In RS some questions ask for a source of wisdom. Now I know the straightforward answer is just to use quotes, but what if I don't have a quote for the answer? Can I say something that happened that is taught by the Qur'an for example without a quote?

For example, I don't have a quote for the prophet Muhammad being shown the Qur'an. Can I just say that he was shown the Qur'an by an angel and so on? Would it get me that extra mark?
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Examiners will not expect you to remember direct quotes from any sources of authority word for word. Always have a go at using a quote (it does not have to be word for word).

You can also make references--these are perfectly acceptable
Angusburgerman
Rep:
?
Yeah I know you don't have to make it word for word, but it still works to just say what happened in the Qur'an, or what something is being taught?
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Examiners will not expect you to remember direct quotes from any sources of authority word for word. Always have a go at using a quote (it does not have to be word for word).

You can also make references--these are perfectly acceptable
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Angusburgerman)
Yeah I know you don't have to make it word for word, but it still works to just say what happened in the Qur'an, or what something is being taught?
you would go along the lines of 'this can be underlined in the ...(source of authority)...where it mentions ..... (what it talks about) ... this ....
Angusburgerman
Rep:
?
Alright, thanks a lot! Saved me from learning a bunch of difficult quotes
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
you would go along the lines of 'this can be underlined in the ...(source of authority)...where it mentions ..... (what it talks about) ... this ....
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Angusburgerman)
Alright, thanks a lot! Saved me from learning a bunch of difficult quotes
No worries, but i would ask your teacher what they recommend. If its an event which happens in a source of authority you wont be required to reel it out. If its simple basic quotes which might give away what the said religions opinion is on the topic- i would remember these. Just remember key quotes which you can use in multiple scenarios. But like I said consult your teacher first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.83%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.3%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (329)
47.89%

Watched Threads