The Student Room Group

How do I structure English revision notes?

Hi, so I have my y10 mocks coming up, revision is well underway for all of my subjects apart from English. One of the texts we're studying is Lord of the Flies, and I just feel completely overwhelmed and have no idea how to even begin to write notes for all of the characters/motifs/events. Please could somebody tell me how best to structure my notes? (i.e do I summarise each chapter with key quotes and events for each character, or do I just do a set of notes for every motif I can think of?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please just give me a general template to follow when it comes to making revision notes for English literature :smile:
Original post by charliestudies
Hi, so I have my y10 mocks coming up, revision is well underway for all of my subjects apart from English. One of the texts we're studying is Lord of the Flies, and I just feel completely overwhelmed and have no idea how to even begin to write notes for all of the characters/motifs/events. Please could somebody tell me how best to structure my notes? (i.e do I summarise each chapter with key quotes and events for each character, or do I just do a set of notes for every motif I can think of?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please just give me a general template to follow when it comes to making revision notes for English literature :smile:

Well for starters I've never ever heard of The Lord of the Flies. I had my Yr 10 mock for English yesterday and we did paper 2 language but I reckon I could help you. You need to find quotes for most characters in the book (we had to do this for An Inspector Calls). You also need to go to the exam board and print off questions related to your topic. I've attached a link that has analysis and I hope it helps xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending