Exam help - urgent Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So a month or so ago I talked to my head of years about exams in a room instead of the hall, since I have extreme anxiety problems. I have had a seizure from an attack in the past, just so you realise it’s not just light heavy breathing attacks.

If I do exams in the hall, I usually end up not doing the exam until half an hour in since I freeze and silently cry trying to calm myself. So I drop grades drastically. I can’t sit in a hall of people as it just triggers my attacks.
My parents, psychologist and teachers have all said I need to go into a room, after a teacher saw me in the state. My head of years and head know that I have the disorder and have seen me have the attacks.

I never heard anything back, so I emailed him again last week to see if he had talked to the examiners. But I got no response.
So I talked to him and the head Wednesday and they said it might be too late now.

What should I do?! I have been stressing so much.

If they just asked the examiners earlier it would have been fine, but they didn’t. Now I might not pass my exams as well as I could if I was in a room with less people. Please help if you know anything I could do.
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
which exams are you taking and it should not be late to help you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Simonthegreat)
which exams are you taking and it should not be late to help you
GCSE they start Monday
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Speak to your teacher and ask them to sort it out. It does not seem like your fault here and looks like their mistake. It is not a big deal for them to arrange this and ultimately their responsibility to make these arrangements. Good luck and try not to stress out too much.
(Original post by Anonymous)
GCSE they start Monday
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It isn't hard to arrange a separate room. It occasionally has to be done last minute if someone has a health issue or suddenly has a huge panic attack in an exam. Get your mum to call and kick off.
skillstree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So a month or so ago I talked to my head of years about exams in a room instead of the hall, since I have extreme anxiety problems. I have had a seizure from an attack in the past, just so you realise it’s not just light heavy breathing attacks.

If I do exams in the hall, I usually end up not doing the exam until half an hour in since I freeze and silently cry trying to calm myself. So I drop grades drastically. I can’t sit in a hall of people as it just triggers my attacks.
My parents, psychologist and teachers have all said I need to go into a room, after a teacher saw me in the state. My head of years and head know that I have the disorder and have seen me have the attacks.

I never heard anything back, so I emailed him again last week to see if he had talked to the examiners. But I got no response.
So I talked to him and the head Wednesday and they said it might be too late now.

If they just asked the examiners earlier it would have been fine, but they didn’t. Now I might not pass my exams as well as I could if I was in a room with less people. Please help if you know anything I could do.
Having a different room to everyone else has to been applied through Exam Access Arrangements no layer than 6 weeks before exams.

Does your psychologist parent have techniques they can show you to keep your anxiety at bay and focus techniques so you settle into the exam quicker?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Failingschool85
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

You should get your parents to email the head to put you in a room with less people, like the library etc. You should also speak to someone in school like a tutour about your anxiety so they can help you out.
Scotney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get the psychologist to email the exams officer,head of year and the head stating why you need to be placed in a different room and stressing the harm it will be to your health if this is not done.This should do the trick and it can be done at short notice.
You could try GP for diazapam or beta blockers to try and calm you down using medication but you ideally need to go tomorrow so you can try them out over the weekend to see how they effect you.Again an email from the psychologist would help here too if doctor unaware but parents could argue your case at doctor's too.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads