business IAS edexcel--i really need helpp

Watch
hk281001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anyone now the structure needed for each question..6 mark to 20 mark. ive been told i write too much..really need help..my exams really soon.
deeznuts112
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I'm doing the same test. Don't focus too much on the structure. Just keep in mind you gotta do these things if you wanna get in the top band:
-Apply to the case study, don't be general. Think does it fit for only the business described or all businesses, normally it's the latter.
-Counter-argue for ALL QUESTIONS ABOVE 6 MARKS even if it doesn't ask! In the mock I lost atleast 15 marks by not counter arguing. Even if it asks to discuss the benefits of something, you must discuss the drawbacks as well.
-If it asks 'to what extent' then you must say if you agree or not, if you do how much do you agree? A lot or a little?
-You have to form a balanced argument for all questions above 6 marks. For example, if you have to evaluate something, you can't just talk about 3 advantages. You have to make sure it's balanced so in that case you'd have to have atleast 2 drawbacks as well.
-When it asks to evaluate something think short term vs long term.
-Finally, be direct and to the point. The examiner reads hundreds of papers, you need to make sure yours is short and straight to the point.

Anyways, I hoped this helped. Good luck in your exam if we don't speak again
hk281001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you soo muchhh
(Original post by deeznuts112)
Hey, I'm doing the same test. Don't focus too much on the structure. Just keep in mind you gotta do these things if you wanna get in the top band:
-Apply to the case study, don't be general. Think does it fit for only the business described or all businesses, normally it's the latter.
-Counter-argue for ALL QUESTIONS ABOVE 6 MARKS even if it doesn't ask! In the mock I lost atleast 15 marks by not counter arguing. Even if it asks to discuss the benefits of something, you must discuss the drawbacks as well.
-If it asks 'to what extent' then you must say if you agree or not, if you do how much do you agree? A lot or a little?
-You have to form a balanced argument for all questions above 6 marks. For example, if you have to evaluate something, you can't just talk about 3 advantages. You have to make sure it's balanced so in that case you'd have to have atleast 2 drawbacks as well.
-When it asks to evaluate something think short term vs long term.
-Finally, be direct and to the point. The examiner reads hundreds of papers, you need to make sure yours is short and straight to the point.

Anyways, I hoped this helped. Good luck in your exam if we don't speak again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads