The Student Room Group

What songs do you think are overplayed?

Overplayed doesn't necessarily mean bad, but there are quite a lot of songs that feel very repetitive when they are played a lot on the radio or in public places.

I've been hearing a lot of Ed Sheeran songs played recently - it's not quite as much as "Shape of You" was played last year and in 2017, but it's still everywhere. Uptown Funk and quite a few Bruno Mars songs are being played a lot as well.

What songs do you think are overplayed?

Scroll to see replies

despacito
Reply 2
Tones and I- Dance Monkey

Hear that like 6 times a day :s-smilie:
Memories by Maroon 5
New rules - Dua Lipa
Bish Bish Swish - Katy Perry 😭😭😱

'4 Music' is the worst for overplaying stuff- most people who watch it are insane and it really does makes you feel even more insane.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
one dance - drake
Any sh*tyy pop song, well at least the ones on the radio
Bad guy - Billie Ellish
Original post by TJ1997
Tones and I- Dance Monkey

Hear that like 6 times a day :s-smilie:

Definitely yes.
Oh we haven't played this song on the radio for an hour, let's play it again.
Overplayed is an understatement.
At the minute that “Blinding Lights” song by The Weekend is everywhere. It’s overplayed but it’s a good song so I’m not too fussed.

Will always remind me of the COVID-19 lockdown era whenever I hear it from now on!
Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi. f***ing hell
Reply 11
Original post by A Rolling Stone

Definitely, but a class song
Reply 12

Personally I think that song is actually good, but it does get tiring when you hear the same thing everywhere. It's better than Don't Stop Believin' IMO...
Reply 13

Every week at every jam night in Britain for the past 30 years
All tiktok dance songs hahahahaha
Anything by Westlife, Atomic Kitten or Little Mix. Not real music but bad karaoke.
Fairytale of New York is hands down the most overplayed song of all time.
Any Dua Lipa song and 'Lonely' by Joel Corry
Reply 18
Original post by barnetlad
Anything by Westlife, Atomic Kitten or Little Mix. Not real music but bad karaoke.

westlife and atomic kitten? What retro radio stations are you listening to ahaha
Original post by TJ1997
westlife and atomic kitten? What retro radio stations are you listening to ahaha

I don't listen to them. If anything of theirs is played once it is one time too many.

A few years ago I was on a train to New Barnet and heard a screechy voice complaining about a dirty seat. It was Liz from Atomic Kitten (I had to look it up when I got home). Who left the train at New Barnet. I was concerned that house prices would go down.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest