Am I eligible for braces? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m in full time education (lower sixth) I’m wanting braces badly as I have quite crooked bottom teeth, however I’m one of the oldest in the year and I turn 18 the first week of September when I go into my final year of school. My mum has a HC2 as she has a low income and gets help and I’m wondering wether me being in full time education and the amount my mum earns will allow me to get braces for free, even though I turn 18 in 4 months.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Yes, As long as you request and book as you get referred to a orthodontist before your turn 18 x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ah okay, What if my dentist refers me when I’m 17 but then I don’t don’t get an appointment with the orthodontist until I’m 18 will it still be free?
As I know there are long waiting lists for consultations.
JuneAndJuly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I believe you will still qualify if you get referred.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ah okay, What if my dentist refers me when I’m 17 but then I don’t don’t get an appointment with the orthodontist until I’m 18 will it still be free?
As I know there are long waiting lists for consultations.
Yeah, that you would still be ok. My cousin got referred when she was 17, and got them was 19 for free x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.66%
Fairly positive (240)
33.15%
Just another year... (287)
39.64%
Is it 2020 yet? (156)
21.55%

Watched Threads