The Student Room Group

GUYS - is lip-biting sensual?

I have this nervous habit of constantly biting my lips. I do it while I drive, while I have conversations with a friend, while I think, and while I go shopping. In short, I do it all the time. It's what I've been doing since a very young age.

A bit of background about this question: last week I was startled by a friend who asked me out. I've never cared for him in that way, and never will. When I stammered, somewhat idiotically, something about why the heck he's asking me, he said that he knew I was interested in him because I bite my lips around him.

So, to all you guys, I'd like to hear your opinions: would you consider it sensual, even though for me it's a constant habit which (usually) has nothing to do with sensuality?
I do this too! It is my worst habit and I sometimes don’t realize I’m doing it. I think sometimes it comes with nerves or if I’m concentrating on something serious.
I have this habit too! Sometimes I don’t even know I’m doing it. I think sometimes it’s down to nerves or if I’m concentrating on something
I have this habit too! Sometimes I don’t even know I’m doing it. I think sometimes it’s down to nerves or if I’m concentrating on something
If people don't realise you do it all the time they consider it a "sign". What you should have done is just politely correct him and said your lip biting has nothing to do with him!

I do it constantly too. Especially when bored, studying, or thinking. 😂
It can be seen as a sensual action, so I can understand why he thought it.
I do it a lot too, and think it sometimes gives off the wrong message.

Maybe when you make eye contact with people, try not to do it. So they don’t take it the wrong way haha.
Reply 6
Whew! I'm so relieved to hear it's not just me...

And of course I corrected him, but he wouldn't believe me. He still secretly thinks I am enamored of him...
I bite my lips
Sometimes they bleed, it’s from stress/concentration lol HAHAHAHA never to impress a guy aw CRINGEWE
It's possible to bite one's lips in a sensual way but I bite mine all the time without it being sensual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending