GCU or Oxford Brookes? Help, please! Watch

mccannjx01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! I'm a prospective international student from Canada. I'm trying to decide between undergoing a MSc in Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg) at either Glasgow Caledonian or Oxford Brookes.

Overall, here are my two most pressing questions:

1. How much do you think rankings should be factored into my decision? The program at Brookes is (significantly) more highly ranked than GCU, but I've been told by a few people to take that with a grain of salt. Also, the program at Brookes is more expensive.

2. If you had to choose between living in Oxford or Glasgow for two years, which would you choose and why? From what I've found, on the one hand, Glasgow seems like a pretty cool, decently affordable city, but on the flipside, Oxford is packed full of history and is fairly close to London.

Anyway, those are just a few of my thoughts, I'd really appreciate it if anyone were to chime in! TIA!
jnh676
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey! I'm a student from Canada and just chose Oxford Brookes as my choice for MSc in Occupational Therapy for September! While I can't speak for GCU as I chose to not apply to there as the program started in January vs September, I chose Oxford Brookes from my other options mainly because of location and the student-entered approach to teaching. From conversations with faculty during my interview and my own research, I found that the program and staff are focused on providing support to students, with smaller class sizes and also with many Canadian students which was a major plus! The ranking was definitely considered in my decision, but I think the overall high student satisfaction with the program was what really sold me. Location was also ideal. I do have friends currently attending GCU for OT and Physio that have spoken highly of their experience as well.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mccannjx01)
Hello! I'm a prospective international student from Canada. I'm trying to decide between undergoing a MSc in Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg) at either Glasgow Caledonian or Oxford Brookes.

Overall, here are my two most pressing questions:

1. How much do you think rankings should be factored into my decision? The program at Brookes is (significantly) more highly ranked than GCU, but I've been told by a few people to take that with a grain of salt. Also, the program at Brookes is more expensive.

2. If you had to choose between living in Oxford or Glasgow for two years, which would you choose and why? From what I've found, on the one hand, Glasgow seems like a pretty cool, decently affordable city, but on the flipside, Oxford is packed full of history and is fairly close to London.

Anyway, those are just a few of my thoughts, I'd really appreciate it if anyone were to chime in! TIA!
I'd go with Brookes - great place to live and has a good reputation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (88)
16.89%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (121)
23.22%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.75%

Watched Threads