fasting during gcses

Watch
zohra25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i was just wondering how many muslims are gonna be fasting during gcses? my mum is saying i dont have to fast and im scared that its gonna affect my grades but at the same time i've been searching online and everyone seems to very sure that it is not permissible to not fast and even some said that if you dont fast you're a kaafir? i dont know anymore
Last edited by zohra25; 1 year ago
zohra25
Rep:
?
bump
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing it. How can we expect Allah to help us if we fail to adhere to his commands? Everything set by Allah is possible for us and is never a detriment
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me Buddhist 🙋🏽*♂️ But friend told me that he won’t fast until he finish his exams and he said he’s going to catchup on fasting after

(I’m not Muslim and I’m just saying what my friend is doing) hope this helps
zohra25
Rep:
?
thank you!
(Original post by Revision Boiii)
Me Buddhist 🙋🏽*♂️ But friend told me that he won’t fast until he finish his exams and he said he’s going to catchup on fasting after

(I’m not Muslim and I’m just saying what my friend is doing) hope this helps
zohra25
Rep:
?
i agree with you and thats why im worried but also from my own experience when im fasting i find it really hard to concentrate and i usually drink alot of water. if i do end up not fasting i obviously will be making those fasts up afterwards and allah is the most merciful.
verycoolperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Assalamu Alaikum
you must fast
gcses is not a valid excuse to miss fasting, its not as simple as taking a day off and then making it up at the end
many people now say they won't be fasting and try to say exams like this are a valid excuse but in reality they're not
and not fasting for one day won't make you a kafir but it is still a big sin, especially while you know its a sin , having so much guilt for the entire day and for the rest of ramadan, you know you missed an entire day without a valid excuse it wont be a nice feeling
it doesnt really affect your grades either tbf
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zohra25)
i agree with you and thats why im worried but also from my own experience when im fasting i find it really hard to concentrate and i usually drink alot of water. if i do end up not fasting i obviously will be making those fasts up afterwards and allah is the most merciful.
Going without food for the whole day is really hard specially in summer. You can only do your GCSEs once (properly) so please don’t waste it. I’m pretty sure Allah will understand your situation. In my opinion it’s for the greater good.
Also maybe go see your doctor they might be able to help you/ give tips on surviving the day (specific diet, etc) I cannot stress you how much important GCSEs are (not as much as important as what’s gonna come after GCSEs) but it is important for your future.
zohra25
Rep:
?
i really dont WANT to miss out on fasting, i actually love fasting and the spirituality and beauty of ramadan. GCSE's arent just any exams though, they're serious and unless you resit (which is not what i want to do) you cant do them twice. possibly jeopardising my entire future isnt a valid excuse? everyone is different and as i mentioned before my focus and concentration while fasting is not good at all, so of course it does affect grades. this is not to say that i know better than anyone else its a genuine question, allah knows best. i just hope whatever i end up doing is the right choice insh'allah

(Original post by verycoolperson)
Assalamu Alaikum
you must fast
gcses is not a valid excuse to miss fasting, its not as simple as taking a day off and then making it up at the end
many people now say they won't be fasting and try to say exams like this are a valid excuse but in reality they're not
and not fasting for one day won't make you a kafir but it is still a big sin, especially while you know its a sin , having so much guilt for the entire day and for the rest of ramadan, you know you missed an entire day without a valid excuse it wont be a nice feeling
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by verycoolperson)
Assalamu Alaikum
you must fast
It’s going to affect one’s grade. Going without food can affect many things like the brain activity, sleep patterns, concentration and awareness and etc. Those can have a snowball effect. So it’s definitely going to affect one’s grades.
I respect your opinion on fasting and your beliefs and I’m not disagreeing on it because I’m not Muslim and I’m not entitled to tell things against it. But we can’t ignore the fact that fasting going to affect one’s wellbeing.
Naimahk4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find fasting usually hard but because I have GCSEs i made a routine where fasting wouldn’t affect my studies and tbh my grades are getting better because before GCSEs my routine was bad like I would take any excuse to go to the kitchen and just eat because what can I say I’m a foodie. But overall your concentration does get better because your body is in survival mode you should do some research on it it’s quite interesting. Hope this helped
zohra25
Rep:
?
thank u so much for actually giving advice instead of being judgemental, good luck with everything
(Original post by Naimahk4)
I find fasting usually hard but because I have GCSEs i made a routine where fasting wouldn’t affect my studies and tbh my grades are getting better because before GCSEs my routine was bad like I would take any excuse to go to the kitchen and just eat because what can I say I’m a foodie. But overall your concentration does get better because your body is in survival mode you should do some research on it it’s quite interesting. Hope this helped
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i was just wondering how many muslims are gonna be fasting during gcses? my mum is saying i dont have to fast and im scared that its gonna affect my grades but at the same time i've been searching online and everyone seems to very sure that it is not permissible to not fast and even some said that if you dont fast you're a kaafir? i dont know anymore
Doesn't really work like that because it is the same as planning to sin and then 'repenting' which is not sincere and therefore not acceptable. Abandoning the fast is a major sin just like drinking alcohol, sex outside of marriage, killing, being disrespectful to parents, stealing, consuming the wealth of orphans, etc. Your mum is incorrect and anyone else who chooses not to fast thinking that they will get some worldly gain like good grades is also incorrect - who can help people have strong brains and strong memories except Allah SWT?

Long and the short of it: fast InshaAllah and send your mum to speak to a scholar with knowledge if she disputes with you
Hush-hush44489
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm just gonna say, me and my 5 friends all keeps our fasts and achieved way better grades then expected! Mostly As alhamdullilah. Im now doing my a levels and can't wait to see what this blessed month will add to help me surpass my expectations! All the ones that didn't fast due to exams as an excuse didn't fail but didn't do as well as expected. Just my experience.
HHJ11
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It will, like many things, take a bit of getting used to, but it's definitely doable.

I fasted for my GCSEs two years ago and I'm planning on continuing this throughout my A Levels this year: it has worked for me alhamdulillah.

Taking your exams in this blessed month is much greater than taking exams whilst not fasting.

Not to mention, the satisfaction of achieving good grades whilst you fasted throughout the exam season, is immense
username3574988
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i really dont WANT to miss out on fasting, i actually love fasting and the spirituality and beauty of ramadan. GCSE's arent just any exams though, they're serious and unless you resit (which is not what i want to do) you cant do them twice. possibly jeopardising my entire future isnt a valid excuse? everyone is different and as i mentioned before my focus and concentration while fasting is not good at all, so of course it does affect grades. this is not to say that i know better than anyone else its a genuine question, allah knows best. i just hope whatever i end up doing is the right choice insh'allah
I don’t think it’ll jeopardise your future lol
I’ve taken exams whilst fasting and honestly it’s made no difference. In fact, revisions been easier for me as I’m not thinking or being distracted by food.
You just need to eat well during suhoor so you have enough energy during the day. Also I’d recommend studying in the morning as opposed to in the evening when you’re closer to iftar, as you’re more likely to be drained at the end of the day.
May Allah make it easy for you.
sd15_ko
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I have fasted during my A level exams and also during my University exams (First and Second Year). I found that the exams all went very well, and I did not feel badly during the exam. Just eat well at Sahur (dates, nuts) and drink lots of water. Put your trust in Allah, and everything will be fine.
verycoolperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it wont jeopardize your entire future bro
and if it does affect your grades do you really think you will go from a 9 to a 3 because of not eating food for a few hours
and even if this did fall under the ruling of a necessity in the religion
you yourself have mentioned that "unless you resit you" ... "cant do them twice"
meaning the necessity is cancelled out by the fact you can resit them anyways, and the reason for you not wanting to resit it is because "not what i want to do"
the right answer is clear
Allah knows best
i hope whatever you end up doing is the right choice also, inshaAllah
May Allah grant you the best grades

(Original post by Revision Boiii)
It’s going to affect one’s grade. Going without food can affect many things like the brain activity, sleep patterns, concentration and awareness and etc. Those can have a snowball effect. So it’s definitely going to affect one’s grades.
I respect your opinion on fasting and your beliefs and I’m not disagreeing on it because I’m not Muslim and I’m not entitled to tell things against it. But we can’t ignore the fact that fasting going to affect one’s wellbeing.
i do see where youre coming from but my answer is purely from a religious point of view as the question was asked regarding the religious ruling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (135)
61.64%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise