The Student Room Group

Do people actually make friends on TSR?

Whether it's just online and regular messaging or whether it's personal and they meet up?

Scroll to see replies

some people have made besties or even dates on TSR. its possible. I havent but i hope too
I haven't personally, but there's plenty of people that have
Honestly I’ve just joined, I didn’t even know it was possible to make friends on this 😅
Original post by Anonymous
Whether it's just online and regular messaging or whether it's personal and they meet up?

Yeah, I made some really good friends on here. Sadly, one of them has left TSR and the other doesn't talk much anymore. But at the time, we were pretty close. Never met irl, just messaging.
Wouldn't exactly recommend it as a go-to place to make friends. Making buddies on TSR happens by chance imo.
Reply 5
Woah.
Original post by Taz554:-)
some people have made besties or even dates on TSR. its possible. I havent but i hope too
Reply 6
That's really cool
Original post by MidgetFever
I haven't personally, but there's plenty of people that have
Reply 7
Same😂😂
Original post by x_zaram_x
Honestly I’ve just joined, I didn’t even know it was possible to make friends on this 😅
Reply 8
But it's not instant messaging... So how do people end up close? I find the whole messaging feature kind of confusing as you can't see a whole record of the chat and each message is seperate.
Original post by neuronal
Yeah, I made some really good friends on here. Sadly, one of them has left TSR and the other doesn't talk much anymore. But at the time, we were pretty close. Never met irl, just messaging.
Wouldn't exactly recommend it as a go-to place to make friends. Making buddies on TSR happens by chance imo.
Reply 9
nice jungkook pic lol
Original post by Taz554:-)
thank you huhu someone who actually saw it uwu
Original post by Wonyo
nice jungkook pic lol
But it's not instant messaging... So how do people end up close? I find the whole messaging feature kind of confusing as you can't see a whole record of the chat and each message is seperate.

If you use the message board on the user's profile (instead of private messaging), you can see the record of the chat there. But if you were to do that, you'd have to be okay with all your messages with that person being public.

Yeah, it's not like instant messaging; it works more like email. But in my opinion, it's more satisfying than an "instant" chat. As long as the person has enough interest in you, and you to them, you can make strong connections.
Aww:frown:
That makes sense tbh
Original post by neuronal
If you use the message board on the user's profile (instead of private messaging), you can see the record of the chat there. But if you were to do that, you'd have to be okay with all your messages with that person being public.

Yeah, it's not like instant messaging; it works more like email. But in my opinion, it's more satisfying than an "instant" chat. As long as the person has enough interest in you, and you to them, you can make strong connections.
Wait what lmaoo
:rofl: I knowz :tongue:
yes. too bad , unlikely i’ll ever see them irl lol
I knowz too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending