The Student Room Group

Why is this considered 'normal'?

Why is it considered normal for guys to pee standing up? I wont lie i'm a very lazy person and I always sit down to pee but I don't understand why this isn't normal? It's so much easier and comfortable to sit down and I can take my cup of tea/crisps/phone with me and have my hands full while doing it

Also since I literally don't touch anything why do I need to wash my hands afterwards? Only thing I touch in the bathroom is pull my trousers down, that's it. I only flush if i've done a number 2 and obviously I wash my hands after that since i've wiped etc

By this logic then we'd all have to wash our hands 24/7 won't we? Stuff like remote controls, our phones, laptops etc all have loads of germs on them

Scroll to see replies

I hope to Godthis is a troll. You eat crisps while peeing????
Reply 2
Sitting takes longer, why do you need to eat or be on your phone for the 30 seconds it takes.

Are people so impatient that taking a p*ss for less than a minute bothers them?
Reply 3
Yep, sometimes take my plate with me as well if i'm needing a piss during my dinner

What's wrong with it? I'm literally not touching anything and i'm sitting down
Reply 4
I'm a lazy *******, and it's a lot more comfortable sitting down and it means I haven't touched anything so why do I need to wash my hands? By that logic I should be washing my hands after every time I touch my phone/laptop/remote control which is 1000x a day?
Original post by S.S.T94
Yep, sometimes take my plate with me as well if i'm needing a piss during my dinner

What's wrong with it? I'm literally not touching anything and i'm sitting down

i feel sick
that made me laugh. :lol:
Original post by S.S.T94
Reply 7
I really don't understand what's wrong with it? I'm not touching ANYTHING in the bathroom when I have a piss
Reply 8
I thought about saying it.
You know, if you really want to save time you could just wear a nappy. You never need to move to piss again!
Reply 10
Original post by S.S.T94
I really don't understand what's wrong with it? I'm not touching ANYTHING in the bathroom when I have a piss

Yeah we get it.
It's as normal as taking a sh*t whilst doing a handstand
Reply 12
Genuinely not trolling

So why don't people wash their hands after every time they touch their phone/remote control/laptop/wallets etc etc, they all have loads of germs on them? I've heard there are more germs on those
Reply 13
I do stand up whenever I need a piss outside or in a public bathroom, it deffo takes longer and is less comfortable

How the hell is it not normal for a guy to sit down?
Original post by S.S.T94

Apart from your penis?
Or do you let it dribble in your pants?
Reply 15
Huh? I don't touch it cos i'm sitting down? No nothing dribbles I don't stand up again until after I finish peeing obviously lol
Then you’re the only bloke in the world that doesn’t need a quick shake. Or you sit there for far longer than necessary. Either way, eating on the toilet is disgusting. Entirely your choice though
Original post by S.S.T94
Huh? I don't touch it cos i'm sitting down? No nothing dribbles I don't stand up again until after I finish peeing obviously lol
Reply 17
You know you can shake it while sitting down right? By moving your hips lol

How is it disgusting? I honestly don't understand why, i'm not touching anything

I eat my dinner while changing channels on the TV using the remote, that is surely just as disgusting but I bet everyone else does that?
Reply 18
I only piss out the window.
Reply 19
No one has actually answered why it's disgusting/wrong? Last time I got ill was like 5-6 years ago after catching a cold from my brother

Genuinely not trolling I was just thinking about it earlier (while peeing ironically) and thought it was interesting how it's not considered normal for guys to sit down to pee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending