Btec Business Studies Level 3 Unit 2 Marketing Exam Notes Watch

zindinb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys, as you know the marketing exam is on Monday. Im really struggling to come up with my notes and so far only have 1 page!!! I would really appreciate it if any of you could send me your notes, as i only really have tonight to complete them as im working all weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, and good luck for Monday!!!
Rorygalley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I'm a bit stuck to.
Do you know how to structure the campaign ?
zindinb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Activity 2
Produce a plan for my marketing campaign, to include:
Marketing mix- 7 p’s
Product: design, technology, usefulness, convenience of use, quality, brand utility.
Price: value based, cost based, cost leadership
Place: retail, wholesale, internet, direct sales, peer to peer, multi-channel- where we operate from?
Promotion: special offers, advertisements, endorsement, user trails, campaigns, joint ventures
Process: uniformity of offering, service delivery, service consumption
Physical evidence: Facilities, infrastructure, service delivery
People: employees, management, organisation culture, customer service orientation.
Marketing message; to offer cheap viewing of films in an outdoor environment, strays away from the norms of cinema.
Selection of media: types of media we can and will use: dependant on target market, if aimed at young people it would be wise to use social media to reach a wide range of customers.
Campaign budget: what are the cost and how will it be spent.
Timescale: what timescale will the marketing campaign be: heavy advertising throughout a few weeks, or light marketing over a few months/years?

Thats all ive got for activity two. Could you send over anything youve got, any help would be appreciated.
MidgetJ120602
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I made a survey about pop up cinemas and i reccmend doing that as primary research as for notes i am just hpoing for the best.... i just dont know how to structure the exam its slef tommorow tbh... good luck yall
rakhtar06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The Structure for the exam:
Activity 1 –
Complete each of the below bullet points in detail

o The rationale behind your idea – summarise the current situation of the business, what they do, the features of the market they operate in and a brief outline of what your campaign is going to cover.

o Create a minimum of three marketing objectives that fit the scenario.

o Each objective should have a SMART target and a short explanation as to why this is important.

o Create a SWOT analysis to help you decide what marketing strategy to use. You should consider both internal and external aspects. Include relevant data.

o Create a PESTLE analysis for this scenario and state whether it gives you a good forecast for success or not. Include relevant data.

o Comment on the validity of the information you have used in your SWOT and PESTLE. You must comment on why you
chose the sources and why the data helps develop your rationale.

o Using your SWOT and PESTLE justify your rationale for your campaign

Activity 2

o Comparison to competitors is important in this section as it will allow you to justify your choices

o Summarise your target market using data to support identification

o Create a marketing mix for the product in the scenario

o In price, make sure your reference the actual pricing strategy you are proposing and justify why

o Place – where are you going to sell and advertise

o Promotion – must specify how you are going to spend your budget and explain why you have chosen these methods

o Your budget must be realistic

o Any decisions must be made using the budget figures

o Include a realistic timescale to your campaign and explain why this is realistic – create a gantt chart to illustrate
Last edited by rakhtar06; 2 months ago
MidgetJ120602
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Omg tysm for the structure of the exam it really helps )))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads