Do you guys think there'll be more A Level leaks this year? Watch

Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
It seems to be a habit exam papers getting leaked. Are you guys hoping for another leak? Or do you think there'll be another one
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Popsiclez)
It seems to be a habit exam papers getting leaked. Are you guys hoping for another leak? Or do you think there'll be another one
I think its rare papers are leaked. Care to link.
If papers are leaked and the exams are compromised they just replace and have an alternative exam instead.

They probably have another reserve paper as well.

Leaks are disruptive and a bit distracting. They dont benefit you.
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think its rare papers are leaked. Care to link.
If papers are leaked and the exams are compromised they just replace and have an alternative exam instead.

They probably have another reserve paper as well.

Leaks are disruptive and a bit distracting. They dont benefit you.
Just type into Google "A Level exam leak" and you'll find plenty of articles on it

Can you tell my revision's going badly yet?
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
Just type into Google "A Level exam leak" and you'll find plenty of articles on it

Can you tell my revision's going badly yet?
The curse of not starting soon enough. I often think I should post at Christmas and tell people to start. In any event leaks that dont go far but pupils find and use just ends up with them being disqualified. More widespread ones just ends up with the paper being cancelled and replaced. Happens every year, wont be long and there will be people promising to sell you papers.

Just do your best, focus and worry about everything else after. GL.
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
The curse of not starting soon enough. I often think I should post at Christmas and tell people to start. In any event leaks that dont go far but pupils find and use just ends up with them being disqualified. More widespread ones just ends up with the paper being cancelled and replaced. Happens every year, wont be long and there will be people promising to sell you papers.

Just do your best, focus and worry about everything else after. GL.
Tbh I wouldve started earlier if it wasnt for IT coursework. They should really get rid of it because it's a tiring mark scheme box ticking exercise even then. The mark scheme is vague in some of what it says that your mark is only gonna be good as the teacher marking it if it meets their interpretation of the mark scheme. Which is weird too because as many people in the field has stated CS isnt a subject that can be confined to a mark scheme since there a multiple ways of tackling a problem which a Mark Scheme cant account for.

And I can only speak for IT but some of the work demanded of you or expectations is so unrealistic like the fact that you're suppose to find a client in your school someone who has a specific need for you to develop a computer application to accomplish their specific task that can only be within the limits of what you're capable of making as an A Level student. Yet they complain that not enough people are taking the subject. They either need to lessen the Coursework workload or scrap it entirely.
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
Tbh I wouldve started earlier if it wasnt for IT coursework. They should really get rid of it because it's a tiring mark scheme box ticking exercise even then. The mark scheme is vague in some of what it says that your mark is only gonna be good as the teacher marking it if it meets their interpretation of the mark scheme. Which is weird too because as many people in the field has stated CS isnt a subject that can be confined to a mark scheme since there a multiple ways of tackling a problem which a Mark Scheme cant account for.

And I can only speak for IT but some of the work demanded of you or expectations is so unrealistic like the fact that you're suppose to find a client in your school someone who has a specific need for you to develop a computer application to accomplish their specific task that can only be within the limits of what you're capable of making as an A Level student. Yet they complain that not enough people are taking the subject. They either need to lessen the Coursework workload or scrap it entirely.
You just have to deal with the here and now. Those battles are for someone else in another year.
Normally it is A level Art.
I think coursework should be finished by Christmas.
Its the same for everyone, just do the best you can in the time left. Even in 3 weeks + days between you can do enough to make some difference and better than nothing. Sleep and whatever after the exams.
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The foreshadowment was all too real lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads

Latest