67.86%
DC (9)
32.14%
Tela
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
this debate has been going on for a while which is better and why.
its_sean
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DC is better, their storylines are darker and carry a more mature theme, I think that the batman Arkham series of video games were impeccable, I feel the characters have more depth to them but there is no doubt that marvel (particularly the MCU) produce more good films than DC does (excluding the animated DC ones which are amazing)
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tela)
this debate has been going on for a while which is better and why.
In terms of their cinematic universes, the MCU is so much better than the DCEU it's not even funny. The DCEU is an absolute shambles, they should be embarrassed by the state it's in.

When looking at their overall filmographies it's a tougher call. Stuff like the Batman films from Nolan and Burton, and Snyder's Watchmen (the director's cut, at least), claw them back into contention. Marvel is definitely more consistent overall though, and Logan has shown they're capable of producing equally impressive prestige pieces aimed at more mature audiences.
SiraajK07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by its_sean)
DC is better, their storylines are darker and carry a more mature theme, I think that the batman Arkham series of video games were impeccable, I feel the characters have more depth to them but there is no doubt that marvel (particularly the MCU) produce more good films than DC does (excluding the animated DC ones which are amazing)
I agree. I'm a huge fan of both but always a bigger DC fan. MCU Is great but overall I think think DC has more depth. Comics in DC are a lot better too and so is the animated stuff. Marvel Netflix is very good and cloak and dagger is very good. The dark knight trilogy is a cinematic masterpiece.
LegitDragoNinja
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends - the marvel movies r better but the DC comics r better.
username4649968
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In terms of movies- Marvel
In terms of comics- DC

Marvel's current comics are actually really bad imo. Marvel has always been a bit too kiddish and cautious in their themes compared to DC but there was a time when Marvel actually wrote gritty stuff and had amazing storylines. E.g. Annihilation, Winter Soldier, Civil War (first one not the second one) etc. Marvel needs to stop pandering to sjw nonsense and write decent storylines.
Wonyo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marvel’s cinematic universe is great. However, I’ve always felt DC won in comics and villains and well... backstories overall.

I mean, the new Joker film may be what DC need. Shazam wasn’t even that bad either.
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marvel - greatest Cinematic Universe across all time and space and every dimension.
DC - Comics are so much better than marvel but I hopes for DC because of aquaman and Shazam

(But I’m still rooting for Marvel :jumphug: )
Last edited by Shibu the Doge; 1 year ago
solo_writer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I much prefer marvel to DC. Even if they made some mistakes in the beginning with villains they've really progressed. Take Thanos as an example, I cried when he threw Gamora over the cliff because he was distressed about and could see how he was struggling as a character. Another example is Vulture- I was not expecting that twist! Yes DC has had some hits, notably TDN but it's had some catastrophic misses. As a kid we went from asking whether Batman or superman was stronger to Ironman and Captain America, which illustrates how the DCU has failed (though it is starting to recover with Shazam and Aquaman)
Ennigma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I choose Marvel, BUT my one and only favourite superhero is Superman
Ennigma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yess! Agree
(Original post by LegitDragoNinja)
Depends - the marvel movies r better but the DC comics r better.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wonyo)
Marvel’s cinematic universe is great. However, I’ve always felt DC won in comics and villains and well... backstories overall.

I mean, the new Joker film may be what DC need. Shazam wasn’t even that bad either.
The Joker is a standalone film which they've never struggled to do well with, not a part of the DCEU.
MovieCritic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DC is currently better than marvel in comics,thanks to sjw people in marvel.But overall they are both equally good. The best selling single issue is X-Men (vol.2) #1, published by Marvel in 1991.
abdi1234567
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I like arrow
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marvel because I feel it's had some of the best story lines (Civil War <3).
Let's not talk post Marvel Now...

DC are killing it with story lines atm tho
abdi1234567
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see you everywhere
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Marvel because I feel it's had some of the best story lines (Civil War <3).
Let's not talk post Marvel Now...

DC are killing it with story lines atm tho
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the best superhero film is obviously megamind
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by abdi1234567)
I see you everywhere
What can I say, I get around :dontknow:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marvel if only films matters. They are constantly good and just a few were disappointed and couldn't come up with my expectations, the most even bested them.
1ightheart
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Live Action Movies - Marvel
Animated Movies - DC
Comics - DC
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15.11%
I'm not sure (14)
3.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (141)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (193)
46.28%

Watched Threads