username4573362
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello,

I need some help can someone please provide me with some guidance on how to answer these questions ):

a) “£75,000 in cash to my trustee Edith, wishing that she do right by me and give one-third of the cash to my cousin Thomas and two-thirds to my cousin Natalie. Concerning any income from investment of the money, Edith may choose to share such amongst any of my friends, particularly those who are my oldest friends.”

b) “I leave 6 of my 10 X1-version computers to Steve, to be shared however he thinks best, amongst the most popular Micro Software Ltd customers. If there is any doubt as to such customers, Tim, co-founder of Micro Software Ltd, will resolve it.”

c) “My residuary estate is to be sold and the proceeds made from it are to go towards the upkeep of my horses for as long as they will live.”

With reference to the Three Certainties and Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts, advise the parties as to the validity of these dispositions.
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Always use the IRAC method when answering problem questions. If you use the 'search' facility you will find some posts on this.

As per my response to your PM, here is a link to the advice on how to use the forum

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4142373 . Post your own thoughts so others can comment on them i.e. show that you have done something to try to work out the answer for yourself.
(Original post by _paperroses)
Hello,

I need some help can someone please provide me with some guidance on how to answer these questions ):

a) “£75,000 in cash to my trustee Edith, wishing that she do right by me and give one-third of the cash to my cousin Thomas and two-thirds to my cousin Natalie. Concerning any income from investment of the money, Edith may choose to share such amongst any of my friends, particularly those who are my oldest friends.”

b) “I leave 6 of my 10 X1-version computers to Steve, to be shared however he thinks best, amongst the most popular Micro Software Ltd customers. If there is any doubt as to such customers, Tim, co-founder of Micro Software Ltd, will resolve it.”

c) “My residuary estate is to be sold and the proceeds made from it are to go towards the upkeep of my horses for as long as they will live.”

With reference to the Three Certainties and Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts, advise the parties as to the validity of these dispositions.
Last edited by Bitesizelaw; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads