AS Level Sociology CIE May/June 2019 (Paper 1: 9699) Watch

Noonieiom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If anyone is nervous or would like to discuss any areas they aren't 100% with, this is the place!
Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How do you revise sociology?
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olivia.Omo16)
How do you revise sociology?
I usually just cry into the textbook and hope that osmosis will work.

In all honesty tho, I like to make posters and mindmaps of the different larger topics so as they can be easily broken down into smaller chunks and linked together easier. It also helps me to fit at least some theorists in.
jules040401
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which questions do you think might come up?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
(Original post by jules040401)
Which questions do you think might come up?
My teacher has said that she thinks it will be something to do with marriage, cohabitation and divorce, and I hope it is because she predicted last year's, and it's all I've revised.
jules040401
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which ones do you think will be in the education paper?
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
(Original post by jules040401)
Which ones do you think will be in the education paper?
Not a clue. Hoping something to do with IQ Tests. I'm just trying to focus on Papers 1 and 2 at the minute.
BoilingMarmalade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm revising right now. I understand the perspectives well and I'm pretty good at critical analysis, but I'm rubbish at remembering who said what.

The other day I was writing down Carlin and Harris' objections to Parsons' functional fit theory and I accidentally wrote Calvin instead of Carlin. Then I started singing "I got opinions on functional fit theory for you if you were born in the 80s".

I'm a bit nervous because I'm studying on my own and I've no idea whether I'm hitting the mark or not. I need a B.
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
(Original post by BoilingMarmalade)
I'm revising right now. I understand the perspectives well and I'm pretty good at critical analysis, but I'm rubbish at remembering who said what.

The other day I was writing down Carlin and Harris' objections to Parsons' functional fit theory and I accidentally wrote Calvin instead of Carlin. Then I started singing "I got opinions on functional fit theory for you if you were born in the 80s".

I'm a bit nervous because I'm studying on my own and I've no idea whether I'm hitting the mark or not. I need a B.
Perspectives I can do, it's just remembering proper supporting theorists.

I need a B to get into Uni, so really need a B/A in these resits to help cope with Paper 3.
Olivia.Omo16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol osmosis!?! Last tome I heard that word was GCSES. And thanks for the help

(Original post by Noonieiom)
I usually just cry into the textbook and hope that osmosis will work.

In all honesty tho, I like to make posters and mindmaps of the different larger topics so as they can be easily broken down into smaller chunks and linked together easier. It also helps me to fit at least some theorists in.
BoilingMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm hoping for a 25 mark question on the relationship between the family and the state.
BoilingMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Got paper 12, disappointed with the lack of Marxism. Didn't give myself enough time for the last question so it looks like I plucked my conclusion out of thin air. Aaaaah!
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
Well, that one is over and done with! On to Theories and Methods next week. How is everyone feeling?
BoilingMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, that one is over and done with! On to Theories and Methods next week. How is everyone feeling?
Got two biology papers tomorrow, going to get them out of the way first, then I'll get cracking with the theory and methods. Apparently acronyms are useful for this one. Like when evaluating research you can use P.E.R.V.E.R.T. Practicality, Ethics, Reliability, Validity, Enough? Resources, Theories. I found that one from a YouTube video.
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by BoilingMarmalade)
Got two biology papers tomorrow, going to get them out of the way first, then I'll get cracking with the theory and methods. Apparently acronyms are useful for this one. Like when evaluating research you can use P.E.R.V.E.R.T. Practicality, Ethics, Reliability, Validity, Enough? Resources, Theories. I found that one from a YouTube video.
Yeah, that’s what my teacher taught me. I’ve got an English and History exam before then too, so I’m putting theories and methods on the back burner for a bit whilst I concentrate on English (that’s the most complicated one).
BoilingMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Today's biology exams went reasonably well so I'm onto theory and methods now. I wonder if the examiners snigger to themselves every time they see P.E.R.V.E.R.T. in someone's answer plan?
El.Ah
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey guys I totally forgot what question 2 was about, can anyone pls remind me?
Noonieiom
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by El.Ah)
Hey guys I totally forgot what question 2 was about, can anyone pls remind me?
“The nuclear family continues to be the most dominant family form in modern industrial societies”. Explain and assess this view.
El.Ah
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
“The nuclear family continues to be the most dominant family form in modern industrial societies”. Explain and assess this view.
Thank you so much for the fast reply! I panicked cause I thought I had written down the wrong number
BoilingMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I answered question 3 instead... it was a tough choice deciding which one to answer. The domination of nuclear families does seem to be a bit of a recurring theme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.82%
The paper was reasonable (347)
41.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (164)
19.59%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
16.13%

Watched Threads