I changed my earrings too early Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Will I get an infection because I changed my earrings a week too early thinking i got them done a week before I did because I was meant to change them after four weeks and not three. Anyway it was fine when I put the different earrings in but then I realised that I changed them too early so I cleaned my original earrings and the hole and put them back in but it was really hard to do it. I’m really scared that because I’ve taken them out I’ve introduced bacteria and now they will get infected.
Odyson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Will I get an infection because I changed my earrings a week too early thinking i got them done a week before I did because I was meant to change them after four weeks and not three. Anyway it was fine when I put the different earrings in but then I realised that I changed them too early so I cleaned my original earrings and the hole and put them back in but it was really hard to do it. I’m really scared that because I’ve taken them out I’ve introduced bacteria and now they will get infected.
No they’ll be fine I did the same thing and they were good!
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should have waited six weeks. So, yes, there is a chance they'll get infected.

You've explained that they are clean so you'll have reduced chance of infection, which is something. Keep them clean with sea salt soaks (or I prefer to just spray saline solution on mine) and don't remove for another 4 weeks minimum.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is a chance they might get infected but if you keep them clean and leave them alone for a bit you should be fine.

Lucy
daizu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Even if they do get infected, the infection prolly won’t last longer than a week or two then it will heal up so don’t worry too much. Just clean around the earring with a cleansing solution or warm salt water every night and you’ll be fine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.66%
Fairly positive (222)
33.08%
Just another year... (265)
39.49%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.76%

Watched Threads