The Student Room Group

Do Dumpers get into rebound relationships?

She's broken up with me for almost a year now and recently we caught up over the phone and she had acquired the fact I was talking to someone new. She was extremely supportive but soon began mentioning that she missed me, thought about me and unexpectedly asked if we could hang out. When I asked why she missed me she said it she found the bracelet I had given to her when we first started dating and how it was very sweet. Also mentioned her cousin ask what happened to me and she informed her I was her ex. Her cousins response was “thats a shame because he was so cute”

She told me she wasn't looking for a relationship at the time but regardless, got into one a week after our previous conversation. I heard she had known him for a week at most. 3 weeks later I found out they had broken up and I was wondering if dumpers get into rebound just like dumpees do. Even a year after the initial relationship.

I'm so confused rn
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes, because they are also technically a dumpee - like the dumper, they are left single once it's been cut off. She's probably just looking for attention - there's a reason that you two broke up so try not to give into her. :smile:
Original post by cgo1234567
She's broken up with me for almost a year now and recently we caught up over the phone and she had acquired the fact I was talking to someone new. She was extremely supportive but soon began mentioning that she missed me, thought about me and unexpectedly asked if we could hang out. She told me she wasn't looking for a relationship at the time but regardless, got into one a week after our previous conversation. I heard she had known him for a week at most. 3 weeks later I found out they had broken up and I was wondering if dumpers get into rebound relationships just like dumpees do. Even a year after the initial relationship. Tl;Dr ex told me she missed me and wanted to hang out after she found out I was talking to someone else. Got herself into a relationship only to break up 3 weeks later

Yeah of course. But it's been almost a year so try not to think about this or her too much.
My friend rebounded haaaarrrrd after dumping her girlfriend. She ended up in like 5 “relationships” which lasted max a month, and then just did ONS until she realised actually it was a bit mad what she was going and did “dry January” (but no sex rather than drinking XD ). She then was just happily single for many months before meeting a “summer fling” which has now turned into a year long relationship still going strong. (I think it’s cos he’s clingy tho, she probs would’ve ended it if he didn’t follow her up to uni during term time.)
Break ups are hard for both parties, she didn’t want to break up with her girlfriend but recognised that their relationship was getting a bit toxic and both of them were suffering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending