lilTrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
im looking at grade boundaries on the AQA website for my subjects and according to the marks i got last mocks, some suggest i should have got a higher grade, and some lower.
im just wondering if these grade boundaries arent fixed, i mean, how much do they vary? because i have no idea how many marks means what grade in what exam... im trying to prioritise my time now as we all are, and if for example 80% in history is enough for an 8 then i can focus on other exams.
generally, which subjects have higher grade boundaries, and which are lower?
PirateRachael
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lilTrain)
im looking at grade boundaries on the AQA website for my subjects and according to the marks i got last mocks, some suggest i should have got a higher grade, and some lower.
im just wondering if these grade boundaries arent fixed, i mean, how much do they vary? because i have no idea how many marks means what grade in what exam... im trying to prioritise my time now as we all are, and if for example 80% in history is enough for an 8 then i can focus on other exams.
generally, which subjects have higher grade boundaries, and which are lower?
Every subject has different grade boundaries each year. This is because every grade is put into a program, which plots them onto a ‘bell curve’ a (curve highest in the middle), the middle being the average. This means that the average score, or median, will equal a 4. If the paper is particularly easy, the boundaries will be very high or if it’s very hard the boundaries will be very low.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads