Physics equations & English Lit quotes

Watch
Satanicfaeries
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
RIGHT I have been *revising* since way before the Easter holidays and am confident about most of my gcse exams coming up (starting next week omg)

However I’ve been finding remembering the physics equations terrifying. I’ve decided, worst comes to worst I could blag it right?

I mean if there are two numbers yeah and I can’t remember the equations, it’s either multiply or divide. If I do divide and it’s a tiny tiny tiny number and it’s asking me about momentum, I know it’s multiply right? Like I shouldn’t worry tooo much right? Or should I be like trying to memorise these equations like there is no tomorrow?

+++ the same sort of issue for English lit.

I know I’m Paper one they give you an extract, and my friend said you don’t need to remember a gross amount of quotes to pass this one as you can use from extract. I’m not so worried about paper two as you’ve got the unseen poetry which is a curve ball but always a bit easier bc you don’t have to remember mad quotes.

So anyway my question is should I be panicking about the quotes (I already know a lot But is it better to be safe than sorry?) and the equations and is my mixed matched technique valid or will I be screwed?
Denoted
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exam board are you with? And what quotes do you need to learn apart from the poetry quotes? With physics if you are doing higher you will need to know the equations if you are doing double science or foundation or what ever you don’t need to work so much
Satanicfaeries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Denoted)
What exam board are you with? And what quotes do you need to learn apart from the poetry quotes? With physics if you are doing higher you will need to know the equations if you are doing double science or foundation or what ever you don’t need to work so much
I’m with Aqa and we’re doing r&j, acc And aic. I’m doing combined science foundation.
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
maybe you could work the equation out from the units? Like if you need to find speed and the units are m/s then you know its distance / time
Denoted
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Satanicfaeries)
I’m with Aqa and we’re doing r&j, acc And aic. I’m doing combined science foundation.
In regards to physics, just make sure you know your basic equations D=ST KE=1/2MV² etc, and you’ll be fine, the trick to physics is to think logically and use common sense like you said.
With your Romeo and Juliet, make sure you have key quotes with the analysis, I’m unsure what “acc” and “aic” are. Just do a couple hours of revision don’t stress about them. When your just out and about or in the shower even try to recite and remember the quations and quotes.

Best of luck
Denoted
User3000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing the same English texts and I’m so stuck trying to revise
Satanicfaeries
Rep:
?
(Original post by User3000)
I’m doing the same English texts and I’m so stuck trying to revise
Ive been using a mixture of flash cards and just rewriting the quotes over and over again to try and remember. Ngl I literally have no idea what kinda question is gonna come up so I’m nervous as anything
User3000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Satanicfaeries)
Ive been using a mixture of flash cards and just rewriting the quotes over and over again to try and remember. Ngl I literally have no idea what kinda question is gonna come up so I’m nervous as anything
Me too, our teachers don’t have a clue either so I’m worried lmaooo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
18.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (73)
28.08%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (99)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise