Revision techniques? Watch

Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My go to way of revising use to be mind maps but I’ve done so many of them that I’m a bit sick of them XD
Can anyone recommend any other revision methods to use (other than flash cards because I use that already)?
Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Noonieiom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Posters: Great for large topics to break them down and link pieces together.
Sticky notes: Great for key terms, little bits of important knowledge. You can stick them literally anywhere as well. I know one girl stuck them on her lunch so as she could get some quick revision done.

Timelines: Great for History but also Geography and Science when trying to show each step of of a plan. Helps to put everything in perspective to one another.
Past papers: Great way to put your revision to the test as well as see which questions you need to revise. Always good for timing yourself as well.

YouTube videos: Great way of putting things into a visual context as well as getting a different view on the topic you are learning.
Podcasts: Great for listening to whilst revising or reading a book. They can help clear things up for you whilst taking it at a nice slow pace so as you can get your head around it.

Hope that helps!
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Noonieiom)
Posters: Great for large topics to break them down and link pieces together.
Sticky notes: Great for key terms, little bits of important knowledge. You can stick them literally anywhere as well. I know one girl stuck them on her lunch so as she could get some quick revision done.

Timelines: Great for History but also Geography and Science when trying to show each step of of a plan. Helps to put everything in perspective to one another.
Past papers: Great way to put your revision to the test as well as see which questions you need to revise. Always good for timing yourself as well.

YouTube videos: Great way of putting things into a visual context as well as getting a different view on the topic you are learning.
Podcasts: Great for listening to whilst revising or reading a book. They can help clear things up for you whilst taking it at a nice slow pace so as you can get your head around it.

Hope that helps!
This was really helpful, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?