The Student Room Group

a level economics

so I've decided i want to pick economics, however im not sure im going to get the grade 6 that i need in english language, has anyone here done economics without getting that grade 6?? like are they lenient with the requirements??
(edited 4 years ago)
I got a grade C, to do economics, and i really struggled with English, if you want to do economics you need a strong English grade, as they recommend, as you will have to do long essay's where the English that you are taught at GCSE's is very important, if you want to get a good grade at A Levels. Just study, and do past papers and you will do fine
aww okay thank you!!! did you enjoy econ?
Original post by Cheesybread
I got a grade C, to do economics, and i really struggled with English, if you want to do economics you need a strong English grade, as they recommend, as you will have to do long essay's where the English that you are taught at GCSE's is very important, if you want to get a good grade at A Levels. Just study, and do past papers and you will do fine
I do a level economics and I got a 5 in English language and honestly when writing an essay they don't really care about your English writing skill as long as you know the basics (e.g. sentences start with a capital letter , use full stops to end sentences and leave a line to start a new paragraph) you'll be fine
(edited 4 years ago)
hmm yeah i thought that as well, but my school requires a 6. will they be willing to make a exception if i got say.. a 7 in literature??
Original post by Hasham123
I do a level economics and I got a 5 in English language and honestly when writing an essay they don't really care about your English writing skill as long as you know the basics (e.g. sentences start with a capital letter , use full stops to end sentences and leave a line to start a new paragraph) you'll be fine
Yes it's my degree now, I find it's an interesting subject. As long as you have good teachers
Original post by angrybear247
aww okay thank you!!! did you enjoy econ?
ahh!! thats amazing congratulations on your hard work

Original post by Cheesybread
Yes it's my degree now, I find it's an interesting subject. As long as you have good teachers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending