The Student Room Group

ocr classical civilisation a level - world of the hero, greek theatre, late roman

Scroll to see replies

Hi, does anyone have any advice for online resources or anything as I'm self-studied and feeling a bit screwed haha.
Hope everyone’s exams are going okay, just wondering if anyone’s knows what the grade boundaries were last year for classics so I can get more of an idea on how well I need to do - obviously with taking into consideration that they’re not going to be the same as they were last year!! Thanks :smile:
Is anyone doing Greek religion for paper 3? Little worried about it
I am! Tell me about it. Gotta knuckle down this half term lmao
Original post by Sadie1414
Did anyone do greek art / architecture for paper 2? How did u find it?
lol I did. I thought it was pretty awful tbh. Half the bloody thing was on herakles for a start and I found there was too much to say for the korai/koroi question so don't think I did very well. Hope it went well for ou though :smile:
Original post by cow2000
Did anyone do greek art / architecture for paper 2? How did u find it?
I thought the 10 markers were a nighmare!! The Korai question was actually very very similar to a old ancient Greek art O Level essay title ages ago that I practised so I was so shocked when it came up because I'd basically done an essay on it! But I definitely messed up half of my 20 marker and the vase 10marker as well:frown: Good luck for Paper 3 lets hope this one is nicer!!
Original post by Slothsrcool
lol I did. I thought it was pretty awful tbh. Half the bloody thing was on herakles for a start and I found there was too much to say for the korai/koroi question so don't think I did very well. Hope it went well for ou though :smile:
Reply 87
Yeah I am doing Greek religion, for me its the hardest one especially the philosophers. I just hope they give us nice essays :s-smilie:
Original post by Sadie1414
I agree I feel the most unprepared for this exam! do you have any idea what the essay may be on? I just did Greek theatre and think that went ok but no idea what could be asked for this one :/
Original post by ll51eah
Yeah I am doing Greek religion, for me its the hardest one especially the philosophers. I just hope they give us nice essays :s-smilie:
how is everyone learning/ revising the speeches and letters because i need to asap and im stuck
For the roman republic module?
I have made a timeline of the letters to make it easier to remember, separating them into the 60s, 50s and 40s. Then I made a mindmap separating them into themes, and flashcards summarising quotes from them. For the speech (in verrem 1) I made a revision guide taking quotes from it that related to the specification where it has a list of what makes a good speech. That's all I can recommend really. Good luck.
Original post by Student2177
how is everyone learning/ revising the speeches and letters because i need to asap and im stuck
oh wow, i've just been reading through them
Original post by Slothsrcool
For the roman republic module?
I have made a timeline of the letters to make it easier to remember, separating them into the 60s, 50s and 40s. Then I made a mindmap separating them into themes, and flashcards summarising quotes from them. For the speech (in verrem 1) I made a revision guide taking quotes from it that related to the specification where it has a list of what makes a good speech. That's all I can recommend really. Good luck.
Don't worry I still don't remember them lol.
oh wow, i've just been reading through them
does anyone have any predictions?
its a new spec so there is nothing to go off so it could literally be anything! But I'm guessing that it won't be anything that's on any of the specimen papers. Unfortunately we are the first year so it could be anything :frown:
does anyone have any predictions?
:frown: and what was on the specimen papers?
Original post by cow2000
its a new spec so there is nothing to go off so it could literally be anything! But I'm guessing that it won't be anything that's on any of the specimen papers. Unfortunately we are the first year so it could be anything :frown:
Not sure, check the OCR website
I wouldn't rely on it though because literally anything could come up so I would just make sure you understand/know the whole syllabus- it's so annoying though I wish we weren't the first year to do it:frown:

:frown: and what was on the specimen papers?
Anyone know what I'm supposed to be including in the Greek theatre exam, I'm so confused! In class we did a few comparisons of Greek religion to modern religions in terms of the portrayal of the gods, am I supposed to make reference to this in the exam? Is it likely we'll get a question on Hesiod or is it just something to reference in the bigger essay?
Reply 98
I don't want to say that it is unlikely that we will be given questions on Hesiod but I have never seen one. We could get maybe questions like "To what extent do Hesiod and Homer shape the way greeks view the gods?" idk it could be anything. I think the 30 markers though, personally, are more likely to be on larger topics like Delphi, Olympia and Acropolis for example
Original post by libbylibs10
Anyone know what I'm supposed to be including in the Greek theatre exam, I'm so confused! In class we did a few comparisons of Greek religion to modern religions in terms of the portrayal of the gods, am I supposed to make reference to this in the exam? Is it likely we'll get a question on Hesiod or is it just something to reference in the bigger essay?
Hi, does anyone know if ocr can give us a 30 mark question specifically on cato? I feel like I am strongest on cicero and could do questions where it allows for the inclusion of multiple personalities e.g. cato, julius caesar etc. But feeling absolutely screwed and really unprepared for the cato section of the syllabus. Also, do we have to always include the index numbers for letters in essays. I would for the prescribed sources, but I am struggling to remember the indexes for other letters I have studied. Could I just write, 'In a letter to atticus in 61 BC...'?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending