The Student Room Group

What shall i do to get into a good uni?

Hello everyone at TSR,

Im soon to finish my a levels, and im a bit nervous about not meeting my BBB offer at NTU for law . So here are my questions:

1. If i dont meed my conditions will i still be able to be accepted, if so how?

2. I got rejected at UEA, can i go through clearing (for law) ? If not then can i change my course to go to uea, i am also interested in computer science.

3. If you havent met an offer, what were your experiences to getting into a adequate enough uni?

You
Original post by ShadyWhama
Hello everyone at TSR,

Im soon to finish my a levels, and im a bit nervous about not meeting my BBB offer at NTU for law . So here are my questions:

2. I got rejected at UEA, can i go through clearing (for law) ? If not then can i change my course to go to uea, i am also interested in computer science.

3. If you havent met an offer, what were your experiences to getting into a adequate enough uni?

You

For the moment focus on A levels and best grades possible. Before the exams are sat you can make a difference.
After exams, then see what the grades are. If you were close, then you may still be accepted 1-2 grades. If they have spare places.
If you still dont make it in then your choice is:

1. Clearing.
2. Resits.

Do not rule out resits and dont panic.
You can have a quick scan of clearing from July onwards.
I dont think CS is an easy alternative to law.

My advice is try best for exams and then take at least 2 weeks off and indulge yourself.

Grades get you into the best unis, so dont throw yourself at clearing and sometimes resits to get the better grades is the most efficient way.
(edited 4 years ago)
1. Universities look at applicants who get near misses and decide whether to accept someone with those grades.
2 I dont know why you were rejected by UEA but it would be unusual to get into the same course and university. However if you achieved better grades than your BBB offer you can apply elsewhere under adjustment including computer science. However most universities require Maths A level often at grade A for CS. You can reject your NTU offer and apply through clearance. Be aware by rejecting your offer you could end up with nothing. You would need to ask NTU to release you this sometimes takes days and by then the clearing spaces may be filled. If you definitely dont want to take up the NTU offer you would be best declining this now and look elsewhere firstly through extra and then through clearing.
3 What do you describe as an adequate enough uni and it would depend on what grades you achieve and the subject you are taking. Sometimes universities take candidates with 1 or 2 grades lower during clearing. This does not apply to everywhere and the reduction will vary according to the particular university.
If you dont have the correct subjects for CS you can either retake A levels, take an access course in college or look into a foundation coyrse at university.
Original post by ShadyWhama
Hello everyone at TSR,

You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending