Failing geog test

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In my geography end of years (I’m in year ten) we have a test on fieldwork and the teachers are saying because they haven’t taught this we will fail but I still want to put effort in so what topics do I revise for fieldwork?
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Learn the key statistics of the place you are learning about - like what kind of weather they have there, common events, facts and figures, geographical location and photos etc just so you have some background knowledge when you're asked about whatever you're asked about!
MelanieAnnexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
It does all depend on what your studying, but textbooks (if you're with aqa) are really good with case studies, there is always an example, and the same for fieldwork. I didn't may much attention to my fieldwork as I didn't think we needed it. However, I revised the one in the textbook and it was virtually the same just in a different place, hope this helps x
(Original post by yzanne)
Learn the key statistics of the place you are learning about - like what kind of weather they have there, common events, facts and figures, geographical location and photos etc just so you have some background knowledge when you're asked about whatever you're asked about!
(Original post by Anonymous)
In my geography end of years (I’m in year ten) we have a test on fieldwork and the teachers are saying because they haven’t taught this we will fail but I still want to put effort in so what topics do I revise for fieldwork?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MelanieAnnexx)
It does all depend on what your studying, but textbooks (if you're with aqa) are really good with case studies, there is always an example, and the same for fieldwork. I didn't may much attention to my fieldwork as I didn't think we needed it. However, I revised the one in the textbook and it was virtually the same just in a different place, hope this helps x
Thank you, but what exactly is even a fieldwork cause we haven’t done one could u give me like an example cause I’m so confused rn
MelanieAnnexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Okay so say you were doing coasts (like I am), you would do an area that has hard engineering and soft, it relates to the work that you have done on that subject, my fieldwork is Selsey. It has managed retreat etc. It all goes down to answering a couple of questions that link with the title of what you are doing. Your best bet in the amount of time you have is to ask your teacher if they have the titles of the fieldwork and then you can apply them to an area. Make sure that once you have started your research on your chosen place, possibly the place where you were supposed to do fieldwork on, show them to your teacher so they can make sure you are doing it correctly. A lot of schools do the same place so there is bound to be some information on something. Hope this helps x
Thank you, but what exactly is even a fieldwork cause we haven’t done one could u give me like an example cause I’m so confused rn
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ah, we visited my case study location for my geog GCSE.
Anonymous #1
Okay so say you were doing coasts (like I am), you would do an area that has hard engineering and soft, it relates to the work that you have done on that subject, my fieldwork is Selsey. It has managed retreat etc. It all goes down to answering a couple of questions that link with the title of what you are doing. Your best bet in the amount of time you have is to ask your teacher if they have the titles of the fieldwork and then you can apply them to an area. Make sure that once you have started your research on your chosen place, possibly the place where you were supposed to do fieldwork on, show them to your teacher so they can make sure you are doing it correctly. A lot of schools do the same place so there is bound to be some information on something. Hope this helps x
Thanks so much ur awesome xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yzanne)
Ah, we visited my case study location for my geog GCSE.
Yh we do ours in year eleven so I find it annoying to have to do a test on it now lool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (8)
15.38%
Quite well (22)
42.31%
Not so good (13)
25%
Terrible! (9)
17.31%

Watched Threads