how hard is it to get all 9s at gcse?

Watch this thread
motivatedmadman
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
im predicted six 9s and four 8s but i dont know what to do to put myself in the highest band out there for those four other subjects (english language, english literature, physics,business). Id appreciate useful advice x
RiceSpice
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Imagine trying to kill yourself with a single elastic band... that's the difficulty. But hey if I got all 9s apart from 1 (French) in my mocks i don't see why you couldn't do it.
motivatedmadman
Rep:
(Original post by RiceSpice)
Imagine trying to kill yourself with a single elastic band... that's the difficulty. But hey if I got all 9s apart from 1 (French) in my mocks i don't see why you couldn't do it.
would you recommend any tips or tricks which you used to get those AMAZING results??
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hey! I can really only help for business because that's one of the subjects I'm predicted a 9 in and have achieved a 9 over the last two mocks!
To get a 9 in business you have to readily apply context to 9 and 12 markers as if you're predicted a 8 you are most likely already getting full marks on 3 markers and 6 markers. To get the top marks you must apply business context to the question, such as if the case study is 'NANDOS' If the question is related to JUST IN TIME , you will have to talk about how they can run out of chicken , even if it's not mentioned in the case study.
Hope this helps
(Original post by motivatedmadman)
im predicted six 9s and four 8s but i dont know what to do to put myself in the highest band out there for those four other subjects (english language, english literature, physics,business). Id appreciate useful advice x
motivatedmadman
Rep:
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Hey! I can really only help for business because that's one of the subjects I'm predicted a 9 in and have achieved a 9 over the last two mocks!
To get a 9 in business you have to readily apply context to 9 and 12 markers as if you're predicted a 8 you are most likely already getting full marks on 3 markers and 6 markers. To get the top marks you must apply business context to the question, such as if the case study is 'NANDOS' If the question is related to JUST IN TIME , you will have to talk about how they can run out of chicken , even if it's not mentioned in the case study.
Hope this helps
thanks x
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Physics bang out papers & revise content. English lang: practise structure for eaach and look over different language techniques. English Lit: Do essays on the main characters etc.
motivatedmadman
Rep:
(Original post by dx31)
Physics bang out papers & revise content. English lang: practise structure for eaach and look over different language techniques. English Lit: Do essays on the main characters etc.
thanks i will do my best x
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
As far as I'm concerned, you have to be around the top 0.1% of the nation. Your odds are a little similar to getting 45 points in the IBDP.
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good luck!
(Original post by motivatedmadman)
thanks i will do my best x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads