How Happy Are You With Your Body? Watch

Poll: How Happy Are You With Your Body?
Super happy - I am totally confident in my body! (2)
4.65%
There are things I would change if I could...but generally happy! (21)
48.84%
I can think of very few things I'm happy about :( (14)
32.56%
Unhappy with everything about my body! (6)
13.95%
yzanne
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Am not really sure how to change it I guess? Like with weight the answer is obvious but I yo-yo around and any weight I lose comes back so need to find a better way of keeping it off.
Understood
yzanne
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Think this thread is a bit broken?
agree, responses are above my OP...? :jebus:
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have never watched love island, dont want to
but that sounds great!, and plus I hope theres more ethnics, its predominantly white people
(Original post by yzanne)
Completely agree! I think this year they are trying to have more body diversity...how do you think this will affect the show?
yzanne
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
I have never watched love island, dont want to
but that sounds great!, and plus I hope theres more ethnics, its predominantly white people
Yes....I think there should be more asian diversity as opposed to black diversity as there were quite a few last year, but there was only one person who was half Thai :yep:
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What things do you like / not like about your body? I like my face tbh. It's not everyone's cuppa but I've always thought it's ok. I'd like to drop a few dress sizes but overall I'm not unhappy with myself. I like my wide hips and bum/boobs. I wish I didn't have such dark body hair though.

Would you say generally you are happy with the way you have developed? Eh. Indifferent.

Are there things you want to change? Lose some weight but I'm too lazy atm idc.

Why would you change them? I suppose to feel healthier, not so much about looks.

Would you get surgery for them? Nah.

What expectations do you think society has of our bodies? There's probs an expectation for us to be slim and healthy etc etc.

How important are they in a significant other? Important in the sense that I need to be attracted to them.

Can people's appearance make you treat them differently? Maybe for others but I definitely try to treat everyone nicely.

Have you had any experiences of body shamers? Who hasn't? I just think it's pathetic really. I try not to let myself feel bad because of some shithead's comment.
chelseadagg3r
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry guys, my bad :laugh: fixed the thread and they're all in order now!
steamed-hams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
in my experience as a male the body seems quite malleable that is i changed my body shape entirely within 2 years or so. so i suppose its all a work in progress really so if your unhappy now with weight or body shape or muscle mass. ur not stuck like it and can work on it
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
in my experience its been like "omg your so skinny".. then when i gain weight "omg you gained so much weight" both said in a bad way .. i was really skinny and everyone would commet negatively about the fact im skinny and so i thought it was a bad thing... But now im not as skinny, there is still a problem.. I genuenly thought it was a bad thing being skinny...

lol just wanted to let that out here going from the title cba to do that
its_sean
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1) I like my muscular build, having defined shoulders, abs, pecs, arms etc. and my hair. I don't like my undefined quads but that can be changed by more hours in the gym.
2) would like to be a little taller, maybe reach the 6 foot mark, I'm still growing according to my last few measurements but not much left to go so probably won't reach it but I can't do anything about it
3)Not particularly, I'm fairly happy with my body and my body type. It's part of who I am and if I didn't have this body I wouldn't be me.
4)^
5)I wouldn't get surgery for cosmetic reasons because I'm already happy with my body therefore I can't justify the risk
6) I don't think society has expectations of our body, I think people have expectations of themselves on how they look and if they don't look like that they blame it on society. It's all about the company you keep aswell, if you have friends that say you should be skinnier, leaner, bigger, smaller etc. then they aren't good for you. Real friends should be supportive and if you are trying to change your body for whatever reason they will support you on your journey to your goal
7)When talking about significant others it gets tricky, but the simple fact is with no sugar coating is that everybody is attracted to a certain physique and body. Anybody who tells you different is lying in my opinion.
8) Shouldn't be true but it is. People judge other people, it's human nature and there is nothing wrong with that. The simple matter is that the first thing people see is your body and that's what they will judge you on first.
9) Me personally, no. My younger sister; however, did in high school and I felt terrible for her and wanted to find the people who did it. No one should be put through discrimination over their body.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads