I really want to do chemistry at uni but I don't do maths or a second science... Watch

JzANonM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know the obvious answer to this was "why didn't you choose maths to do initially". but these were the subjects that I enjoyed the most (sociology, psychology and chemistry).
Are there any uni's that accept just chemistry and will allow me to do a chemistry module alongside chemistry?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Take a gap-year and do A level Maths.
Example : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/unde...bsc-chemistry/

Find a Foundation year that only wants Chemistry.
Example : https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...oundation.aspx
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are many universities out there that dont require Maths. However it night be helpful to have it. Do your research into this and look into taking AS level Maths next year to help you on your course.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As above, I'd suggest looking at courses with a foundation year, if you are struggling to find any/many that will take just chemistry. These will allow you to develop the necessary background in other areas, and progress onto the degree of choice. Southampton's science foundation year connects to their chemistry course(s) and may accept you with a background in only chemistry, for example. I believe Manchester, Durham and Loughborough also run foundation years (I do not know if they accept those with chemistry already though)>
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads