The Student Room Group

Confused with fee status

Hi, I've accepted an offer from Stirling University for an undergrad degree in economics. For a bit of context, I'm originally from Germany, however I've been living in England since 2006 and have at no point returned to Germany for any prolonged periods of time. I have spent pretty much my whole school career in England and am a dual citizen with both UK and German passports. The administration team asked me for an extensive conformation of my nationality and confirmed that i would be classed as 'home and European Union'. Originally I was surprised as i was under the assumption that anybody who had been a resident for 3 years would be counted as a rest of UK fee. Either way I asked them to confirm it to ensure it wasn't a mistake and they assured me that I would be counted for an EU fee. Now I'm unsure of how to apply for a loan, I started an application with SAAS but am now unsure on whether to put my fee residency as German as in my offer or put my actual residency.

I don't really care about the actual fee as I know the fee for EU students is far lower than for rest of UK, the fee was never a deal breaker or maker, I just really liked the course and the Uni.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest