Jackster246
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any predictions for what might come up on the paper 1 computer systems?
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i predicted mesh/start network topologies, peer to peer and client server networks, 1.7 which is operating system, defo 1.1 and 1.2 topics (which will always come up) same thing for 1.3 storage and of course the 8 marker on 1.8 (about the different laws i suppose since last year it was ethical, social, environmental issues)
Jackster246
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Obviously those topics that you listed didn't come up last year?

(Original post by sqrt of 5)
i predicted mesh/start network topologies, peer to peer and client server networks, 1.7 which is operating system, defo 1.1 and 1.2 topics (which will always come up) same thing for 1.3 storage and of course the 8 marker on 1.8 (about the different laws i suppose since last year it was ethical, social, environmental issues)
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 always come up. last year from 1.1 they asked about cores and clock speed so this year might be cache
1.2 they asked about memory/ram/rom the easy peasy questions and i think they will come up this year as well
1.3 they asked about ssd so this year i think it will be hhd or optical storage
1.4 literally nothing from this topic apart from ethernet/ a "tick the box" question on lan and wan same thing for wireless connection. therefore this year im expecting smth about factors affecting networks and/or hardware used in lan
1.5 last year packet switching and protocol. this year network layers i guess
1.6 typical 9 marker which asks you to identify threats and solution
1.7 literally nothing just a question on backup
1.8 last year ethical, social, environmental issues. this year laws
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.85%
Confident (14)
8.48%
Indifferent (16)
9.7%
Unsure (40)
24.24%
Worried (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads