Btec it - database exam Watch

anonymous_mcjg1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Doing the BTEC IT unit 2 database exam soon and was wondering if anyone can help with how you sort and decide on the different tables ? i.e. which fields you have inside the tables

TIA
flankerdiddy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anything that has repeated data gets put into its own table so it can be entered only once.
I use Excel to start, adding a filter to the table name row lets me see what is repeated for each ID value.
For example, if you filter the first ID value to show you just one value you can look across all of the rows to see what is ALWAYS the same - they will all go into one table.
anonymous_mcjg1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by flankerdiddy)
Anything that has repeated data gets put into its own table so it can be entered only once.
I use Excel to start, adding a filter to the table name row lets me see what is repeated for each ID value.
For example, if you filter the first ID value to show you just one value you can look across all of the rows to see what is ALWAYS the same - they will all go into one table.
Thank you !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (56)
5.77%
Fairly positive (301)
31.03%
Just another year... (384)
39.59%
Is it 2020 yet? (229)
23.61%

Watched Threads