username4643852
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello all, I am doing Maths SL IB certificate and I need some ideas about IA (except the topic) probability
wilalexx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Here is some guidance you may find useful. No matter what the topic is about and whether you are super good and interested in math or not, you can get at least a mark 6/7, if you follow certain guidelines, including but not limited to perfect presentation, clear formulae, exact structure, logical development of the ideas, personal approach to the work(i.e. the topic/problem might be a full repetition, but it should at least be presented using a personalized approach. But of course working out something yourself is the best and this is what secures the grade 7), etc. Always try to make the relevant graphs, diagrams, tables, other pictures, etc. by yourself and try to make the work your own. Present everything from your angle.

Also, check out a recent article/blog on tips for IB Math HL and SL explorations by visiting the following website www. ibmathtutor.org/ib-math-exploration-tips They also provide online 1-1 guidance, which I would very much recommend. It's 50 dollars(approximately 39.7 pounds) per hour, but in 3-4 hours you will get all you need for writing a perfect exploration. They in fact provide much more than general comments, guidance. You will have a clear topic, clear steps for each part of your exploration(so that you are simply left with writing the work carefully following the guidance) and tons of advice to secure a perfect score. You will also be provided a free detailed review of your draft work whenever you finish, so as to make sure all the criteria are met.
username4643852
Rep:
?
oh, thank you so much. I was scared because in my economics IA I somehow managed to get a 6 so I was a bit tensed. Have you done IAs? Any personal advice?
(Original post by wilalexx)
Hi. Here is some guidance you may find useful. No matter what the topic is about and whether you are super good and interested in math or not, you can get at least a mark 6/7, if you follow certain guidelines, including but not limited to perfect presentation, clear formulae, exact structure, logical development of the ideas, personal approach to the work(i.e. the topic/problem might be a full repetition, but it should at least be presented using a personalized approach. But of course working out something yourself is the best and this is what secures the grade 7), etc. Always try to make the relevant graphs, diagrams, tables, other pictures, etc. by yourself and try to make the work your own. Present everything from your angle.

Also, check out a recent article/blog on tips for IB Math HL and SL explorations by visiting the following website www. ibmathtutor.org/ib-math-exploration-tips They also provide online 1-1 guidance, which I would very much recommend. It's 50 dollars(approximately 39.7 pounds) per hour, but in 3-4 hours you will get all you need for writing a perfect exploration. They in fact provide much more than general comments, guidance. You will have a clear topic, clear steps for each part of your exploration(so that you are simply left with writing the work carefully following the guidance) and tons of advice to secure a perfect score. You will also be provided a free detailed review of your draft work whenever you finish, so as to make sure all the criteria are met.
wilalexx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I did IA on Math HL and spent quite some time on the math part as well as on the actual writing part. I had a private tutor helping me with some advices on the structure, meeting the criteria, etc. and I did manage to secure a decent grade. I would say it is quite hard to get a high mark on IAs, even for Math SL, but it is well possible if it is clearly and neatly presented, well structured, logically organized and there are no major mistakes in the mathematics and this is where most students lack and they think they need to simple have more and more complicated math and this will ensure their high grade, which is obviously not true, although for a perfect grade you do need to have a quite complicated math involved. Be careful to meet all the guidelines and criteria. Take the guide and read it thoroughly from time to time to make sure your work complies with all the criteria. Also always try to make the work your own. This is super important. Always do the diagrams, tables, pictures yourself and approach the problems in your own way, always show that you are well involved in the topic and give reflection to yourself. And yes, taking an IA support from www. ibmathtutor.org is a very good idea. They are very specialized on IB math only, so you would rather choose then any other tutoring company. They will not write the work for you. They will just help you to come up with a good mathematics topic and logically organized content and will guide you through steps that meet the IB criteria and will ensure the highest possible mark. And as I already mentioned above, they will also provide free review of and feedback on your draft work, whenever you finish.
(Original post by Shadow17!)
oh, thank you so much. I was scared because in my economics IA I somehow managed to get a 6 so I was a bit tensed. Have you done IAs? Any personal advice?
username4643852
Rep:
?
Thank you so much...honestly speaking IAs seem so scary to me..
Yes, I did IA on Math HL and spent quite some time on the math part as well as on the actual writing part. I had a private tutor helping me with some advices on the structure, meeting the criteria, etc. and I did manage to secure a decent grade. I would say it is quite hard to get a high mark on IAs, even for Math SL, but it is well possible if it is clearly and neatly presented, well structured, logically organized and there are no major mistakes in the mathematics and this is where most students lack and they think they need to simple have more and more complicated math and this will ensure their high grade, which is obviously not true, although for a perfect grade you do need to have a quite complicated math involved. Be careful to meet all the guidelines and criteria. Take the guide and read it thoroughly from time to time to make sure your work complies with all the criteria. Also always try to make the work your own. This is super important. Always do the diagrams, tables, pictures yourself and approach the problems in your own way, always show that you are well involved in the topic and give reflection to yourself. And yes, taking an IA support from www. ibmathtutor.org is a very good idea. They are very specialized on IB math only, so you would rather choose then any other tutoring company. They will not write the work for you. They will just help you to come up with a good mathematics topic and logically organized content and will guide you through steps that meet the IB criteria and will ensure the highest possible mark. And as I already mentioned above, they will also provide free review of and feedback on your draft work, whenever you finish.
username4643852
Rep:
?
so did u do full IB? what do u do now... I hope we can get to know each other except IAs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.62%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (351)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.67%

Watched Threads