Manavp24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need help on GCSE computer science on how to write effective Pseudocode for my exams, can anyone please help me
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pseudocode isn't a real language, it's just something that you can make up as you go along as long as the syntax, structure and grammar of whatever you're writing closely resembles a real programming language and could be trivially turned into a real language. The reason that exam boards have their own pseudocode standard is so that the questions which they write on the paper are always clear and consistent, so you will need to know how to read and understand their pseudocode in order to be able to understand what's being asked in those questions.

Otherwise, if you can solve problems using a real programming language like VB.NET, Python or Java then that's all you really need to be able to write the pseudocode answers in the exam. You need to be able to express solution to the questions using programming constructs like IF/ELSE, FOR/REPEAT/WHILE/DO/UNTIL, BEGIN/END, Functions/Subroutines, Variables, Boolean logic, etc, so focus on the core programming skill of being able to think computationally and being confidently able to use a programming language to solve problems.
Afrrcyn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/202654...code-guide.pdf
This is OCR’s help sheet for pseudo code - it’s really helpful and shows everything that comes up on the OCR exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (896)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads