Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I am so worried. This time last year I got rejected from 5 universities for Midwifery. I applied though Ucas Exta and Thankfully got into foundation programme for science leading into Optometry. As they wants 2 sciences for Optometry I did alevel Chemistry and they did not accept Psychology as a science.
When i got rejected for midwifery i was so devasted!!
Now, fast forward a year, last semester I passed all the modules, I need 60% in all the modules to get onto Optometry in September. Today I had a Physics and Biology exam and I felt they went really bad now I just have psychology exam left.
Results day is at the end of June and I'm so so worried if I dnt get into Optometry theyll make me do Psychology because there are spaces available for that course only. But I do not want to do psychology also there is the chance of redoing the foundation programme but this year had been immensely stressful already if my uni throw me out no uni will want me and I have no clue if what else I'd do because my heart has always been set on Optometry and I have got so far and if I fail I dont know what I'll do

I work so so hard yet nothing ever goes well for me. I am such a motivated student. I pray everyone does well and then I also pray for myself. If I dont get into Optometry I really dont know what I'm going to do. My parents asked me how the Exams went and I just told them they were okay as I do not want them to worry, when I got rejected from Midwifery they worried about me and I dont want them to.
I havent told anyone.

I stay in touch with a sixth form teacher yet i don't feel I should tell her how I'm feeling.
I really dont know what to do. Everything I do I always fail all the time nothing ever goes well for me in life. Yet I try so so hard

If I didnt work hard i wouldn't be so upset but i do yet I'm not going to get onto my course
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

I am so worried. This time last year I got rejected from 5 universities for Midwifery. I applied though Ucas Exta and Thankfully got into foundation programme for science leading into Optometry. As they wants 2 sciences for Optometry I did alevel Chemistry and they did not accept Psychology as a science.
When i got rejected for midwifery i was so devasted!!
Now, fast forward a year, last semester I passed all the modules, I need 60% in all the modules to get onto Optometry in September. Today I had a Physics and Biology exam and I felt they went really bad now I just have psychology exam left.
Results day is at the end of June and I'm so so worried if I dnt get into Optometry theyll make me do Psychology because there are spaces available for that course only. But I do not want to do psychology also there is the chance of redoing the foundation programme but this year had been immensely stressful already if my uni throw me out no uni will want me and I have no clue if what else I'd do because my heart has always been set on Optometry and I have got so far and if I fail I dont know what I'll do

I work so so hard yet nothing ever goes well for me. I am such a motivated student. I pray everyone does well and then I also pray for myself. If I dont get into Optometry I really dont know what I'm going to do. My parents asked me how the Exams went and I just told them they were okay as I do not want them to worry, when I got rejected from Midwifery they worried about me and I dont want them to.
I havent told anyone.

I stay in touch with a sixth form teacher yet i don't feel I should tell her how I'm feeling.
I really dont know what to do. Everything I do I always fail all the time nothing ever goes well for me in life. Yet I try so so hard

If I didnt work hard i wouldn't be so upset but i do yet I'm not going to get onto my course
If you don't want to do psychology then you shouldn't do it. It's not something to consider.

You say your heart is set on optometry, but also talk about how upset you were when you were rejected from midwifery. Which of these careers do you actually want? You need to make a firm decision based on what it is you want to do so that you can then consider your options.

You're also making a lot of assumptions based on an exam which you don't yet have the results for. While it's good to have a backup plan, you seem to have already resigned yourself to having failed, which you don't know just yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads