Police officers suffer low pay, overwork and depression because of cuts and Brexit? Watch

The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ife-crime-cuts

I agree the government should do more to help, they should be given higher pay, invest more in police assets as well as give them greater powers, but instead they get treated like ****.
But I don't know if their right to annual leave are at risk because of Brexit, opinions?
Last edited by The RAR; 1 week ago
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think Brexit has much to do with it. The police force 5 years ago isn't the same as it was 30 years ago.

The depression comes from seeing a dead child hit by a drunk driver, going to the parents house to tell them what happened, sit and listen to them break down in front of you, and then as you're walking back to your car someone shouts "pig" at you.That's probably where the depression comes from.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unfortunately the Conservative party and the clowns who vote for them have driven the police force into the ground. Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime.

(Original post by The RAR)
But I don't know if their wages are at risk because of Brexit, opinions?
The article does not talk about wages in the context of Brexit, merely that leave has been cancelled and it's driving moral further down.
hansraeder
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It isn’t Brexit. It was Theresa May as home sec, then Amber Rudd.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The Tories have been grinding away at the country's police force for a while now, as much of a sh*tshow as Brexit is we can't really blame this on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.66%
Fairly positive (222)
33.08%
Just another year... (265)
39.49%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.76%

Watched Threads