No_Veneer_In_Ere
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Does anyone have any good ideas or tips for remembering specifics of the 5 year plans?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by No_Veneer_In_Ere)
Does anyone have any good ideas or tips for remembering specifics of the 5 year plans?
What level of study?

I either drew a mind map or a table.

Aims
Target set
Why?
Target achieved.
Cost and effect.
Benefits and effect.
Success, failure or evaluation.

If you have some facts like 330,000 extra tonnes of steel an increase of XYZ
But other facts X thousand starved or died. It helps give you a framework to discuss any essay.
No_Veneer_In_Ere
Rep:
?
A2 level of study and thanks
(Original post by 999tigger)
What level of study?

I either drew a mind map or a table.

Aims
Target set
Why?
Target achieved.
Cost and effect.
Benefits and effect.
Success, failure or evaluation.

If you have some facts like 330,000 extra tonnes of steel an increase of XYZ
But other facts X thousand starved or died. It helps give you a framework to discuss any essay.
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
A2 level of study and thanks
Look at the questions. A level moves from what were they and more to whether they were worth it and how successful? Did they make Russia stronger or did they make Stalin stronger?

Also some questions where kit contrasts with Lenins NEP. Was one better or more competent than the other?

Its always good where you can make a case for the leader strengthening their own position v the position of Russia.

Not sure the scope of your syllabus, but dont forget the human cost and people he killed.

You can also be asked for an angle about their contribution to the war and resisting the Germans.
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
No_Veneer_In_Ere
Rep:
?
Thanks mate, i'm just doing as many past papers as i can get my hands on, the course goes from 1855-1964 (the breadth side of the AQA syllabus)
Look at the questions. A level moves from what were they and more to whether they were worth it and how successful? Did they make Russia stronger or did they make Stalin stronger?

Also some questions where kit contrasts with Lenins NEP. Was one better or more competent than the other?

Its always good where you can make a case for the leader strengthening their own position v the position of Russia.

Not sure the scope of your syllabus, but dont forget the human cost and people he killed.

You can also be asked for an angle about their contribution to the war and resisting the Germans.
No_Veneer_In_Ere
Rep:
?
Thanks for that, i'll have a look at it
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
Thanks mate, i'm just doing as many past papers as i can get my hands on, the course goes from 1855-1964 (the breadth side of the AQA syllabus)
Which gives you a wider view of Russia's emergence as a super power and industrialisation.

Have the core facts so you know what they are and the things I suggested, then that should give you the skeleton facts for any essay.
Its then a case for being able to understand the question, the issues, analyse them, argue why + evidence and then evaluate. Thats where the real marks are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads