The Student Room Group

Social Improvement

So I’m doing my GCSEs at the minute, done well at school all my life but now a bunch of other parts of life are being thrown at me, like social situations.
Got a 3 month holiday after these exams and I’ll have a fresh start at college next year and want to improve on a few things.
- confidence : how I look, not caring about others’ thoughts.
- Social situations: quite introverted, would love to be apart of a lot but things like parties I can’t bring myself to go to- it doesn’t benefit it if I go so why should I? That’s the logic rn, have quite a few friends but I’m getting worryingly distant from them focusing on studies.
So...any suggestions with how I could improve is appreciated!
Reply 1
If you want to improve your confidence, you can start small and just go with a good morning to shop workers or someone out dog-walking that you pass. However, why not do some volunteering or get a summer job? Or make the most of the long break to get involved with a hobby you already do or want to try? It gives you the opportunity to meet a different group of people, they won't necessarily know you so it's the chance to make a good first impression on them, and you don't have to see them again once you start college.

If you want to change your look, it doesn't need anything drastic. A job would give you an income to get some new clothes, maybe ask your hairdresser for a restyle (plenty of time to grow it out). Sometimes, though, it's just remembering to stand up straight, make eye contact and give a smile that will a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending