The Student Room Group

Lingustics BA and Anthropology Master degree

Hello, I have offers from two Universities: BA linguistics at UCL and Linguistics with socio-anthropology at SOAS. The first University has better standards, opinion and possibilities of bursary. However, I want to take my master degree in wide field of anthropology and use my additional knowledge and passion in Linguistics in my future career. My question is, do I have a chance after graduating from Linguistics at UCL to achieve my goal or should I rather choose to study at SOAS on a degree which covers these two subjects ( linguistics and socio-anthropology). I'am not sure whether any University will consider my application for master degree from anthropology after graduating only from Linguistics.
First check if you meet the entry requirements. Not sure what you mean bu opinion of UCL but reputation means little. Focus on whether the course will give you what you need and it sounds like only the SOAS one can do that.
Original post by TheThomas
Hello, I have offers from two Universities: BA linguistics at UCL and Linguistics with socio-anthropology at SOAS. The first University has better standards, opinion and possibilities of bursary. However, I want to take my master degree in wide field of anthropology and use my additional knowledge and passion in Linguistics in my future career. My question is, do I have a chance after graduating from Linguistics at UCL to achieve my goal or should I rather choose to study at SOAS on a degree which covers these two subjects ( linguistics and socio-anthropology). I'am not sure whether any University will consider my application for master degree from anthropology after graduating only from Linguistics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending