Lingustics BA and Anthropology Master degree Watch

TheThomas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I have offers from two Universities: BA linguistics at UCL and Linguistics with socio-anthropology at SOAS. The first University has better standards, opinion and possibilities of bursary. However, I want to take my master degree in wide field of anthropology and use my additional knowledge and passion in Linguistics in my future career. My question is, do I have a chance after graduating from Linguistics at UCL to achieve my goal or should I rather choose to study at SOAS on a degree which covers these two subjects ( linguistics and socio-anthropology). I'am not sure whether any University will consider my application for master degree from anthropology after graduating only from Linguistics.
alleycat393
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First check if you meet the entry requirements. Not sure what you mean bu opinion of UCL but reputation means little. Focus on whether the course will give you what you need and it sounds like only the SOAS one can do that.
(Original post by TheThomas)
Hello, I have offers from two Universities: BA linguistics at UCL and Linguistics with socio-anthropology at SOAS. The first University has better standards, opinion and possibilities of bursary. However, I want to take my master degree in wide field of anthropology and use my additional knowledge and passion in Linguistics in my future career. My question is, do I have a chance after graduating from Linguistics at UCL to achieve my goal or should I rather choose to study at SOAS on a degree which covers these two subjects ( linguistics and socio-anthropology). I'am not sure whether any University will consider my application for master degree from anthropology after graduating only from Linguistics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.8%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
22.97%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.81%

Watched Threads