Occupational Therapy- Course/travel/timetable questions Watch

KrisiHughes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I've been accepted onto the Bsc Occupational Therapy at Cardiff University for September this year. I've already sorted accommodation and everything, but I was just wondering if any current students could answer some questions about transport/timetables etc.

Firstly; How easy/cheap is it to get to Heath Park from the centre of Cardiff? Is it feasible/safe to cycle? I've looked into a monthly bus pass but the cheapest I can find is £50 per/month (Is this about average to what most people pay?).

What is the timetable like (how many days a week etc)? Particularly for first year- would you say it's possible to get a part time job around your studies?

Also just any advice about the course in general.
Thanks!
TomBarrett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey Krisi, I have also been accepted a place on the course 🙂 although I have similar questions so won't be much help!

I guess it depends on the individual whether to take a weekend job - most of what I have read indicates the OT course is relatively full on. Probably best not to plan anything in advance until you find your feet.

I've found transport around Cardiff real easy in the past, and it's renowned for being a cheap student city, so I think cost wise it should be fine.
Good luck!
Last edited by TomBarrett; 4 weeks ago
KrisiHughes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi Tom, congratulations! Thanks for your reply. I've been in touch with the Healthcare Sciences team via email asking about the timetable, and they've said it's not yet been finalised but as it is a full time course we can expect to be in 5 days a week (minus Wednesday afternoons as that's kept free for societies). I'm definitely going to be hanging fire for job hunting etc, especially as my offer is still conditional on there being enough NHS bursary places on the course. Thanks, you too!

(Original post by TomBarrett)
Hey Krisi, I have also been accepted a place on the course 🙂 although I have similar questions so won't be much help!

I guess it depends on the individual whether to take a weekend job - most of what I have read indicates the OT course is relatively full on. Probably best not to plan anything in advance until you find your feet.

I've found transport around Cardiff real easy in the past, and it's renowned for being a cheap student city, so I think cost wise it should be fine.
Good luck!
Cardiff University
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Walking from our Heath Park Campus to the city centre is about 45 minutes, but there are lots of alternative transport options including bus, train and cycling. Cardiff University students have free membership and hire for up to 30 minutes with Cardiff nextbike, with hire stations and bicycles at our Heath Park campus. For more information on how to find your way around campus as a new student visit our website.

I hope this helps

Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

Are cats selfish

Yes (133)
61.01%
No (85)