Scared Of Leaving The House Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm an 18 year old male, I'm not diagnosed with anything, my friends think I have depression and mild autism and I agree but I'm too scared to get tested because my family is dealing with a lot and I know this would make things a lot worse. Plus my parents are very traditional and my dad doesn't believe in mental illness.

As of late I've been really scared of just walking to school. I only leave my house to go to school, because I always decline going out because I'm scared of something happening. Not that I'm ever invited out, but when I am I decline. I walk to school with a friend, and then I am on edge but I'm okay for the most part because we're talking and stuff is less likely to happen when you're with someone else. However when I am walking alone I will often begin to panic, and it becomes harder to breathe and I often have to jog or run a part of the way home because I just want to be off the streets.

I fully realise how impairing this is, I feel so embarrassed and stupid that this happens. I don't want to tell anyone I feel like this because I don't want to worry anyone, but I'm going to university this year and I can only imagine it making my life more and more difficult.

Any advice would be ideal, thank you.
Sepslither
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m exactly like this. Was diagnosed with autism and anxiety
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sepslither)
I’m exactly like this. Was diagnosed with autism and anxiety
How did you go about diagnosis? Did you talk about it or did someone refer your behaviour?
Sepslither
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How did you go about diagnosis? Did you talk about it or did someone refer your behaviour?
Had to be tested. Trust me testing is not scary. They put you in a big room and make you play with toys and roleplay and chill at any age
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.79%
The paper was reasonable (427)
44.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.28%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.08%

Watched Threads