Masterchief 117
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How did you guys revise leading up to French GCSEs?

I am not he best at French and wanted to know how others revise in case that might help otherwise I am gonna have to get out the GCSE French textbooks over summer which I don't want to but might have to as we are working slightly ahead other schools as I go to a really high standard school.
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Masterchief 117)
How did you guys revise leading up to French GCSEs?

I am not he best at French and wanted to know how others revise in case that might help otherwise I am gonna have to get out the GCSE French textbooks over summer which I don't want to but might have to as we are working slightly ahead other schools as I go to a really high standard school.
Have a look at the spec and there should be a list of all the grammar points you need to know. I'd use that as a checklist and try to learn as much of it as I can. Vocab wise, you could use websites like Quizlet or Memrise. I'd say Memrise is slightly better for learning languages and if you search your exam board you should be able to find sets with all the vocab relating to the topics you've studied.
Masterchief 117
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
Have a look at the spec and there should be a list of all the grammar points you need to know. I'd use that as a checklist and try to learn as much of it as I can. Vocab wise, you could use websites like Quizlet or Memrise. I'd say Memrise is slightly better for learning languages and if you search your exam board you should be able to find sets with all the vocab relating to the topics you've studied.
Ok thank you just curious. Did you use any textbooks or anything as such when revising also how did you revise for your orals as I have got some coming up next week. At the end of every year we have end of year exams and for French we having a writing and an oral test as well.
Last edited by Masterchief 117; 1 year ago
Investigating
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello. I did 20 minutes of French literally everyday for about a year before the exam! 'Little and often', my French teach used to say - and as much I didn't like her, she was right!
rubyft123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
I second using memrise for vocab, you can find the vocab tailored to your spec and honestly doing 10 minutes a day has helped me so much. Also just make sure you've got your tenses nailed and you should be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed