The Student Room Group

Isnt this straight up disrespect?

My ex and I broke up two months ago but we sometimes talk. Well we had been together for around 3 years but we were on and off at some point.
Anyway he has this idea that we should be friends which i do not fancy at all because i feel like he is just so disrespectful and its really making me angry.

When we talked a week ago, he told me that he has been with other people (note, i never asked him.) I have heard from other people about what he is doing, which i dont ask they just tell me. I also know that i mean we broke up so he has every right to do whatever he wants...But,
Why would he be telling me things like this?

Second, he wants us to be together but he can be allowed to be with other people if he feels like it. He says that things like these are so common nowadays so i should also be okay with it. But he says that i cant also be allowed to do the same.

Then he also wants us to be friends so we can work on being together, but he also wants to be with other people. All this is based on HOPE, its not even an assurance, or something that will happen. Why would anyone in their right mind want me to watch them be with other people as we work on being together??

Can a person who loves you actually tell you these things or even just ask for something like this??
Am i wrong to feel and think he has no respect (AT ALL) for me??

Is this someone who deserves me?
I'd just cut him off. He doesn't seem to have any consideration for your feelings, or any sense of what's fair play in a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending