The Student Room Group

How to add AO3 in essays. PLEASE HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wonyo
not sure if it’s just me, but my teacher said to leave out an introduction and go straight into a paragraph analysing the extract

as for conclusions, here’s mine for a macbeth bravery essay, summarise your points and go back to the question!:

Overall, bravery is presented as something that can come and go, and does so dramatically. Bravery deviates from Macbeth and comes back in brief tragedy. Macduff is also seen as a brave character that is loyal and seeks to restore natural order. The belief nothing be in excess is shown in Macbeth, who is not in the order of things. This disruption shown in the physical decline of Scotland and emphasise Macduff a person who seeks vengeance. Bravery, in a sense, is both good and bag, depending on one’s intentions, if it is fuelled by hubris or justice against evil.

Thank you. I must say your conclusion is really good
Original post by Wonyo
for sure! @Hannah1903

i think i write one sentence on the point of the question and go straight into analysing? guess i’m impatient 😂

Even just a sentence is good! A thesis doesn’t really give you marks, it just sets out your answer. So it’s just preference and how you feel most comfortable
Original post by Hannah1903
Even just a sentence is good! A thesis doesn’t really give you marks, it just sets out your answer. So it’s just preference and how you feel most comfortable

Could you just re word the question in a way, write one more line and start the next paragraph. Is that enough
Original post by Fatima Saeed
Could you just re word the question in a way, write one more line and start the next paragraph. Is that enough

Yes, the best thing to do is reword the sentence and add a little bit of your own knowledge but don’t analyse the text. If you just reword the question then they can’t say you’re not answering the question and you will 100% get marks there on
Original post by Hannah1903
Yes, the best thing to do is reword the sentence and add a little bit of your own knowledge but don’t analyse the text. If you just reword the question then they can’t say you’re not answering the question and you will 100% get marks there on

Alright thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending