Lostx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have no idea how to write a philosophy essay. Is it important to include philosophical quotes? How is the essay formatted? Please help!
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is this for the AQA exam board?
Lostx
Rep:
?
Yes
(Original post by Joe312)
Is this for the AQA exam board?
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
See the 'how to write a perfect essay' file here: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
See the 'how to write a perfect essay' file here: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/
Great! Thank you.
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is for the 25 mark essays, right? The standard structure I use is to give an introduction, in which you define the argument (e.g. the teleological argument) you're going to assess, and then briefly outline the arguments you're going to use to defend/object to it. Ensure you make your intent clear.

Then, try and write three main paragraphs. Outline the argument (e.g. Paley's watch) but BRIEFLY, because only 5/25 marks are for AO1. Then, let's say you're arguing against it - present an objection. Then present a response. Then say why the response fails. Keep going as far as you can, until you reach the REVIEW - this is where you conclude that the argument fails/succeeds.

Finally, ensure you leave time for a conclusion, where you summarise all your main points and reach the verdict you established in your intro. You should spend about 50 minutes on these questions and write 3-4 sides of A4
Last edited by SpacePatroFan189; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (114)
27.34%
England (146)
35.01%
Belgium (32)
7.67%
Germany (42)
10.07%
Spain (10)
2.4%