struggling a levels Watch

dae94
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my a levels start in just over three weeks and i left revision to last minute obviously and even though i revised all of first year biology i feel like i’ve forgotten it. i haven’t done any practicals revision in chem and bio and for maths i just feel like i don’t understand anything or i do but then a tricky exam question comes up and i can’t do any of it. i just tried a mechanics paper and i literally could barely do it
i really just need some advice as i need to get As in all my subjects
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dae94)
my a levels start in just over three weeks and i left revision to last minute obviously and even though i revised all of first year biology i feel like i’ve forgotten it. i haven’t done any practicals revision in chem and bio and for maths i just feel like i don’t understand anything or i do but then a tricky exam question comes up and i can’t do any of it. i just tried a mechanics paper and i literally could barely do it
i really just need some advice as i need to get As in all my subjects
You need to get all A's on 3 weeks revision?
Cant change the past.
I would suggest 1 week learning notes.
1 week split learning and trying exam papers. Mark and then strengthen notes.
1 week exam papers + mark schemes.

Use all the days available between exams to do a mix of the above.

Learn + try exam paper+ mark +mark scheme + id where lost marks + strengthen notes plus try again.

You should be moving from using notes to using notes timed to untimed but no notes to timed and no notes.

You have 24hours in a day. How much do you want those A grades. Focus and you dont have time for worry or doubt.
dae94
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You need to get all A's on 3 weeks revision?
Cant change the past.
I would suggest 1 week learning notes.
1 week split learning and trying exam papers. Mark and then strengthen notes.
1 week exam papers + mark schemes.

Use all the days available between exams to do a mix of the above.

Learn + try exam paper+ mark +mark scheme + id where lost marks + strengthen notes plus try again.

You should be moving from using notes to using notes timed to untimed but no notes to timed and no notes.

You have 24hours in a day. How much do you want those A grades. Focus and you dont have time for worry or doubt.
thank you! i did start revision in march but i didn’t cover as much as i wanted to at first as i didn’t realise the volume of what i needed to go over so it just feels like i’ve forgotten everything and i don’t know anything but i will try and work as hard as i can until exams
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dae94)
thank you! i did start revision in march but i didn’t cover as much as i wanted to at first as i didn’t realise the volume of what i needed to go over so it just feels like i’ve forgotten everything and i don’t know anything but i will try and work as hard as i can until exams
I know how you feel when you think its not sticking, hence you practice exams which focuses on your recall and application skills. You can still get a lot done as long as you dont slack or panic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?